BSA ULTRA ADVICE

Accurate rifle, but reloading is a blasted nightmare! First you have to depress the side switch which releases the bolt/probe back, the magazine advances at this point, then you have to push the bolt forward! Then you have to cock it using the cocking mechanism at the front. Best advice, go for a Scorpion, just pull the bolt back, it reloads and cocks the rifle! Shot count in .22 was round about 60.

The new SE Scorpion is even better! However John Knibbs have several of the old model going for £399 brand new! Hope that helps!

Edited by secretagentmole

Hi there mate,

Ive owned 2 Ultras and they are one of the best kept secrets in air rifle shooting buddy.

The ones i owned were as accuarte as any rifle ive ever shot.

I had a .177 and .22 and they were both deadly.

Regarding the loading mech, its different but after 10 minutes of practice you can load the rifle blind folded and fast.

My Ultras would compete with my r10 accuarcy wise with no problem.

Shot wise if possible get it regged as you will get around 100 shots at full power.

Unregged you will get around 30 in .177 and 40 - 45 in .22. Dont be fooled by thinking that they are not accurate if they are not regged.

Ive seen 2 people now shoot unregged ultras, Phantom a .22 and Reggaeman a .177 and they put pellet on pellet at 35 metres.

Ive winessed Phantom shoot 10 shots on top of each other in putty from 25 lased metres easily with his .22 un regged Ultra.

Have alook at this footage that i filmed with Phantom at Christmas, it should give you some idea of the potential of a Ultra.

This ultra was regged and tuned but i would lay money down that i could do the exact same with a Ultra staright out the box.

The tune and reg just assists in getting good accuarcy, faster lock time and smoother etc.

Si

Edited by zini

I've got a .177 multi and love it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one but, if I was buying one again, I'd have gone for the .22. Nothing to do with the gun, just that owning both .22 and .177 guns (other gun's a .22 Lightning), I think the lower air usage and greater stopping power would have been the better choice for me, as most of my use is hunting.

Hi i have a ultra in.177 shooting pellet on pellet un regged but only getting 25 good shots. had it regged still pellet on pellet but getting between 47-55 shots on 230-250 bar fill. IT will set you back £120 for the reg and £20 postage making it £140 on top of the price of a new ultra. Is it worth it?

Hi there mate,

Ive owned 2 Ultras and they are one of the best kept secrets in air rifle shooting buddy.

The ones i owned were as accuarte as any rifle ive ever shot.

I had a .177 and .22 and they were both deadly.

Regarding the loading mech, its different but after 10 minutes of practice you can load the rifle blind folded and fast.

My Ultras would compete with my r10 accuarcy wise with no problem.

Shot wise if possible get it regged as you will get around 100 shots at full power.

Unregged you will get around 30 in .177 and 40 - 45 in .22. Dont be fooled by thinking that they are not accurate if they are not regged.

Ive seen 2 people now shoot unregged ultras, Phantom a .22 and Reggaeman a .177 and they put pellet on pellet at 35 metres.

Ive winessed Phantom shoot 10 shots on top of each other in putty from 25 lased metres easily with his .22 un regged Ultra.

Have alook at this footage that i filmed with Phantom at Christmas, it should give you some idea of the potential of a Ultra.

This ultra was regged and tuned but i would lay money down that i could do the exact same with a Ultra staright out the box.

The tune and reg just assists in getting good accuarcy, faster lock time and smoother etc.

Si

Great shooting Si :toast: