FAO DavyT63 and Andy&Archie (Updated test)

Hi lads,

This is just a quick clip and test as promised of my new high speed Casio Exilim EX-FC 100 camera for DavyT63 and Andy&Archie.

No camera tripod was used throughout this test.

It was a very windy day this test day hence the wind in the cameras microphone. On a still day the audio will be perfect.

When filming high speed you cannot film audio so a talk over is probably the best thing to do using a computer microphone or down load rifle firing wav files when editing your clips like i now have when the AS90 is firing.

If filming in normal HD you can film brilliant HD footage far better than high speed footage with very good audio.

You can also film normal HD with audio and then slow the footage down using video editing software if you want to hear the rifle fire.

Anyway I wanted to give it a real test so decided to use it in different locations and with different test ideas.

A AS90 firing a projectile at 300 metres per second (well over 980 feet per second, so faster than a sub .177 pellet in flight is a good final test.

When taking still images the camera is 9.1 MP so good.

This photo is reduced in size by x 3.5 its original size to upload to the forum but still is pretty good.

At 3.5 the size its pretty awesome quality.

Here are the results.

Let us know your answers lads soonest please (you know what i mean :whistling: ).

Si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yps1BOq1TeM

post-2627-0-98027300-1310050229_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini

Hi Davy,

I got your text buddy :thumbs:

Will sort everything tomorrow buddy, not a problem ;)

Yes I intend to do some .25 calibre 210 frames and 420 frames per second feral pigeon shooting as i will be able to see the big pellet on its parabolic trajectory the whole way to the pigeons heart or brain. Will be awesome footage.

Ive found a way to beat the loosing quality when you go from 210 to 420 fps mate.

I now film in 210 fps and then slow the footage down in my editing software and i get 420 fps or even slower at the same quality as a 210 fps clip :boogie:

If you need a quality editing software Davy to do this just let me know mate and ill sort you out ;) .

Si.

Edited by zini

Hi Davy,

I got your text buddy :thumbs:

Will sort everything tomorrow buddy, not a problem ;)

Yes I intend to do some .25 calibre 210 frames and 420 frames per second feral pigeon shooting as i will be able to see the big pellet on its parabolic trajectory the whole way to the pigeons heart or brain. Will be awesome footage.

Ive found a way to beat the loosing quality when you go from 210 to 420 fps mate.

I now film in 210 fps and then slow the footage down in my editing software and i get 420 fps or even slower at the same quality as a 210 fps clip :boogie:

If you need a quality editing software Davy to do this just let me know mate and ill sort you out ;) .

Si.

hi Si

can see a lot of footage coming this way soon,and good quality too :thumbs:

regards the editing software :thumbs: yes that would be great! is it easy to use as i dont really edit much of my footage :icon_redface:

i am looking forward to using this new camera :boogie:

Davy

Nice one mate, great weather, such a shame there was too much snow for you to do winter stuff! :) good vid footage too.

Any new gun shops close by? used to be one called gun & dog down in Medicine. Cheap scope in your suitcase?????

Hi Mark,

Been chatting to Molly, he enjoyed his time with you mate.

No i havent bought any hunting stuff just a camera for filming so far.

Hi Davy,

Yes the editing software is pretty easy to use and if its just to slow down the alreadt slow footage its dead easy to do.

The new stuff ive got is called Corel Video Studio Pro X4 and is the nesst on the market

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Product/1175714228541#tabview=tab0

Si

Hi Si, yea Molly a good lad, I took them all for a tour round mountain rescue base and they were pretty surprised when I showed them our TETRA airwave comms! When your back home, get a few lads together and get an overnight 'in transit' at Capel Barracks, have a chat with Mjr Seaton to get it cleared as the gate staff are proper rule book, I had a guy from Royal Irish on a private skills week with me, he had just got back form the sand pit and still had his MOD90 and they wouldnt let him in to dos down.

Take care speak soon.