A few rabbits...

Out with the .22 the other day to bag a few rabbits as I was getting pestered for some by the local butcher. Great summers evening and there were lots of tiddlers about which I was trying not to shoot until they get a little bigger... easier said than done when they are a way off in the grass. I was walking to pick up a decent size rabbit and was just a few paces away from stooping down to pick it up when I noticed this swarm of bees in the hedge directly above it.

SDC10851.jpg

A swarm of bee's in June is worth a silver spoon and all that so I phoned the Farmer who got in touch with a bee keeping mate of his who was very appreciative. Needless to say I left the rabbit where it was as the swarm was a little 'lively'.

I ended up with a good bakers dozen of biggun's for the butcher and an few half pint ones for myfelf for the bbq. Forgotten how much I like rabbit shooting in the evening :thumbs:

SDC10832.jpg

SDC10852.jpg

:victory:

• Like 1

You're lucky the bee's stayed put. I disturbed a swarm of something when shooting rabbits in the wood one year and before I knew it, they were all over me. Should have seen the sight of me legging it across a 20 acre field whilst ripping my camouflage off as they'd got inside. Naked and knackered at the other end of the field covered in stings. Must have been a bizarre sight for nature spotters.