new to ferrets need sum help

Usually it depend's on the size and maturity of your ferret which only you will know when the times right ,but i reckon this year a lots going to depend on the cover

Should have got 2 jills and one hob and had him snipped.

To save you coming back on in 12 weeks asking why your hobs are fighting, they will probably need separate cages.

Agreed it would've been a better idea to get 2 jills and 1 hob but as for two hobs fighting at 5 months and needing seperate cages,:hmm:

not in my experience.:no:

To save you coming back on in 12 weeks asking why your hobs are fighting, they will probably need separate cages.

Agreed it would've been a better idea to get 2 jills and 1 hob but as for two hobs fighting at 5 months and needing seperate cages,:hmm:

Maybe he likes working hobs.

And aye i agree with you, i have two hobs here that are caged together all year around, and are fine apart from a bit of bullying in summer.

mine started ragging / wrestling at 5 1/2 to 6 months and ones back was a right mess, i meant separate cages eventually not at that age, and i agree with Ideation, occasionally hobs can be housed together but its rare in my experience.

mine started ragging / wrestling at 5 1/2 to 6 months and ones back was a right mess, i meant separate cages eventually not at that age, and i agree with Ideation, occasionally hobs can be housed together but its rare in my experience.

I've only ever had 2 hobs once, they were kept together for a couple of years and then one day they started off play fighting, then got rougher and rougher and rougher until they were basically knocking the shit out of each other, from then on I kept them seperate but when I let them out for exercise together it was always the same story, started off playing then got rougher and ended up fighting. Mine used to bite each others bollocks!!!!

I've only ever had 2 hobs once, they were kept together for a couple of years and then one day they started off play fighting, then got rougher and rougher and rougher until they were basically knocking the shit out of each other, from then on I kept them seperate but when I let them out for exercise together it was always the same story, started off playing then got rougher and ended up fighting. Mine used to bite each others bollocks!!!!

My two are litter brothers, so i think that helps.

two litter mates will tolerate each other far more than two unrelated hobs espically in the breeding season i find the bigger hob always ends up draging the smaller one about and can mark the smaller ones neck bad so its better to keep them seperate as soon as the breeding season arrives :thumbs:

two litter mates will tolerate each other far more than two unrelated hobs espically in the breeding season i find the bigger hob always ends up draging the smaller one about and can mark the smaller ones neck bad so its better to keep them seperate as soon as the breeding season arrives :thumbs:

Aye, my two have a wee bit of a scrap now and then, and one is clearly dominant, and the other does get a bit marked up, but to be honest he looked more miserable on his own than he is with his bro and getting a bit of stick.

I was just replying to what you wrote mate which read that in 12 weeks time [age 22 weeks] they'll be fighting and will probably need seperate cages. Personally I've never had any bother with hobs fighting at such a young age, different when they're in season.:thumbs:

Maybe he likes working hobs.

And aye i agree with you, i have two hobs here that are caged together all year around, and are fine apart from a bit of bullying in summer.

Possibly mate, then 3 hobs might've been a better option.:hmm: