HOW MANY FERRETS HAVE YOU GOT?

benny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks just wanted to know how many ferrets everyone has got ? also if you work all of them or do you just kept your hobs for breeding, how many do you take out on anyone day and how often do you go ferreting. Reason for all my questions is i have five and was thinking of keeping a couple more gills out of this years litters as im hopeing to have more days out next year, this year i`ve been getting out once or twice a week and all the ferrets usually get out once a week i like to have each of them out at least once a week. Whats everyone think?

2 polecat jills 3yrs old, have them since they were 7weeks, both workers :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

6 at the mo, 2 albino hobs (castrated), 1 sandy hob (castrated) 1 very old silver jill (spayed), all kept as pets (i know, :icon_eek: pets is a bit of a dirty word round here!)

i also have 2 jills, one sandy/pale polecat, one sandy/pale polecat mitt (white feet & bib) that i got as strays last year. i intend to breed from them this year, and work the offspring next. just not sure what colour hob to use... i know one of the girls will throw silvers, but she gave birth shortly after she was found, and all the kits were sold by the time i got her, so i've no idea what she was mated to to produce silver kits. any ideas? my silver hob was put down last year, so unfortunately i can't do a silver to silver-producing cross...

2 Dog's and 3 bitch's all pet's.. :D ..

Millet

:laugh::laugh:

I have 2, one polecat hob and 1 polecat jill, both working, i get out once or twice a week, am stoping soon, pregnant does about. :blink:

Will be having a litter from them this summer and possibly keeping back a jill from the breeding. ;)

Frank.

6-2 hobs 1 albhino 1 cinamon 4 jills 2 polecats 1 albhino and one i dnt no lol nice colours tho all great workers

thanks for the reply sureshot, how often do you work them and how often do you have each 1 out? :hmm:

hi mate i get them out for a run everyday but they have a big run built on the back of thier cages,, i worked them most weekends this winter taking them out for the last time in a couple of weeks on a permission were the rabbits need to be gone and ferreting is the only option so you no lol ...

Ive got 5 2xpoley jills (mosschops and chewy) 1x sandy jill (no name) 1x albino jill (satan) and 1x poley hob (meatball) I take all out with me nomaly working 2 at a time depending on the size of the warren and keep the hob as back up although I should work him more coz he work well.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: thanks for all the replies everyone

heres a pic of my team outferretin023.jpg

i started the thread to help me decide weather or not to keep a ferret or two back out of this years young to add to the gang, i think i`ll just keep one back to make it six all together, 2 jills for 1 hob (lucky boys?) :thumbs-up:

Edited by benny
ive got two jill ferrets a polcat and a albino and there seven this year,they havent had much work this year as i have been lamping most of the time but when i do they both work hard.

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0125-1.jpg

good hunting

rew

Hi Rew !

Do you have any problems with your jill´s about their hormones when they come into season ? I maybe get 2 jill´s this year , without a hob and few say they would have than problems and a few say there are no problems !

Greeting´s

Steezy