New Kennel for the terriers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9 runs at 5'X10'X6',some are fight/heat proof on concrete pitched with drain.Fancy for me.

Posted Images

cu beag,a handy idea is digging a sink hole in the ground. iv a one 8 foot deep and 4 foot wide. put blocks in it [ leave space between the blocks for the waist to fall down the hole ] and run a pipe from your runs under ground to the sink hole, and cover the top of the sink hole and plant your lawn on top of it. you wouldnt even no its there.theres no smell,no mess no nothing

With that many runs next to each other,what is the set up for drainage?Its' a lot of pish,n,shit to clear,know a guy with half that,and the front of them is like a peat bog of stinkin' piss!

What is the Best solution for the dogs waste.I let mine get run of the garden and pick up as they go ,so only have to wash out run with Disenfectant ones a week,wash with water daily.Crap gets binned then bagged and out with the trash,only 3 dogs tho.as it's no use for compost due to bacteria. :unsure:

Flush to mains is working fine for me. Never had a problem.

Flush gathers rain water from the roof, and when it fills to a certain level, it tips out and flushes the yard.

After it empties it tips back and fills again. The yard is sloped away from the house and the gate.

When there is no rain for 24 hours, it fills from the mains water on a timer. (it rains at least once a day 90% of the time here).

post-42222-0-65915900-1309295032_thumb.jpg

Add disinfectant to the flush twice a week.

ATB

With that many runs next to each other,what is the set up for drainage?Its' a lot of pish,n,shit to clear,know a guy with half that,and the front of them is like a peat bog of stinkin' piss!

What is the Best solution for the dogs waste.I let mine get run of the garden and pick up as they go ,so only have to wash out run with Disenfectant ones a week,wash with water daily.Crap gets binned then bagged and out with the trash,only 3 dogs tho.as it's no use for compost due to bacteria. :unsure:

Flush gathers rain water from the roof, and when it fills to a certain level, it tips out and flushes the yard.

After it empties it tips back and fills again. The yard is sloped away from the house and the gate.

When there is no rain for 24 hours, it fills from the mains water on a timer. (it rains at least once a day 90% of the time here).

ATB

Is that manufactured or did you make that set ? up either way ingenious,seen your yard on another post ,never even noticed it. :thumbs:

Made it from Wavin pipe, Cored holes in the side and used the same galvanized fittings that were used in the gate to let it swivel..

Water is collected from the roof down-pipe using a fitting from B&Q that is used with Rain collection barrels.

Rain fills the Large pipe, then overflows into the smaller grey pipe. this tips the lot. 200 Litres empties out in 2 seconds.

Mini tsunami wave sweeps all the waste into the gutter. When it has emptied, a weight at the back tips it back to start again.

I put a small hole just below the Full level, this acts a Tell tale, the dogs got clued in very quickly. :laugh:

Once the small hole starts leaking you have about 5 seconds to get clear.

:thumbs:

Awesome Stuntman, looks fantastic, lots of ventilation and room!

Mine aren't as big but a different take. Hope you don't mind me putting up a few pics.

post-106-0-95013600-1309452747_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-80876800-1309452761_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-34901700-1309452774_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-17866400-1309452787_thumb.jpg

Wow!! you guys don,t scrimp,some vets here don,t have your set ups,We over here seem to like the old 2x2 and weld mesh an a hut. :icon_redface::icon_redface: Yanks going with the times again,Take it you'se are in it Commercially??

I'm not in anything "alive" commercially. A local company that needed a setup for photos for a big bid to University Vet Hospital gave me a discount on smaller terrier sized kennels conditional on photos at setup. I should have them a long time. Buy once, cry once. :thumbs:

Edited to add: That's my garage, the house had a 3 bay and 1 goes to the terriers.

Edited by F.R.

Mine aren't as big but a different take. Hope you don't mind me putting up a few pics.

Really tidy set-up. the floor of the garage looks to be sealed. Is that painted on?

Quality finish.

ATB

Is that manufactured or did you make that set ? up either way ingenious,seen your yard on another post ,never even noticed it. :thumbs:

Thats quality fairplay :) i i had the brains id do it myself :) good way to wash the garden :)

Really tidy set-up. the floor of the garage looks to be sealed. Is that painted on?

Quality finish.

The floor is oil sealed and then a product called MaxShine was put on. It wears off every year but brightens it up so much it's worth $15 a year to reapply with a mop and let cure for an hour.

• 4 weeks later...