scope for cz rimfire

right,simple question, what do people think? no silly prices, I was looking at getting a MTC viper 4-16x50, anyone use this combo? it will be used day and night. Have also been recommended a hawke from a friend but Im not fond of the range finder at the end of the scope.

for a rimfire u dont need a top notch scope, there is no recoil and you wont be shooting stupid distances, i use a 3-9 50 on mine cant even remeber whats its called cost me £40 new, it doesnt get moved from 7x zoom , if u got the money for a viper go for it

Im afriad im apt to disagree with 'nod', this question has come up hundereds of times on here, and the same answers keep appearing. Mainly 'you get what you pay for' and 'spend as much as you can afford on good glass' theres are both very true statements, i have a nikon buckmaster 4x14x50 a mid range scop £400 mark. Perfect in low light, and the image quality knocks socks off <£100 scopes. Easily take rabbits at 130/140 yards and conistantly with this scope. i dont belive that '

for a rimfire u dont need a top notch scope
' i think if you can afford it get the best possible, as it will make your shooting experience easier and more enjoyable

just my opinion

dave

Depends what you want. I have a CZ 452, .17hmr, 16 inch varmint, with a Bushnell Banner 3-9 x40,and in the right conditions, I have had rabbits, crows, and hares out to 220 metres, on many occasion. The reticle is not as fine as some scopes, I admit, but the .17 is a working rifle, and this scope for about £80, is well worth the money. Forget the illuminated reticle, its useless, and has loads of flare, like all cheap scopes.I do agree with previous comments, and that you should get the best you can afford. Its been chucked in and out of motors for the last couple of years (not literally) and never lost its zero. I'm happy, its all I could afford at the time!

About 4 years ago when i bought my CZ Varmint .22 , i bought a cheapish scope that i had never heard of , a Walther 4 - 12 - x 50 ir

Basically , i think it was one of the best buys i have ever made. It even came with a set of mounts included in the price.

i have used the ir settings a few times and have bagged a few bunnies just as the light started to fade.

At the end of the day , whatever you buy you are taking a chance , and for the money i think that this is a bargain ,

John :thumbs:

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/543/103401/walther-4-12x50-ao-ir-rifle-scope/