Deleted due to lack of interest

What part of i think a good hunt terrier will do the same work as a good digging dog did you not understand what im saying is a good dog is a good dog reguardless of weather it dos hunt work or not but the hunt terrierman dos have more pressure on a hunt day than the ordinary terrierman just out for a day s sport as his main job is too keep the huntsman and follower s happy as that is his job not hobby

calm down rocky you used the words digging dog and hunt terrier as in there was a differance not me , good huntterrier men surround them selves with the tools to do the job , i must have missed the earlier part of this thred , think we agree that there is no differance just the prople who use them and they way the work them ;)

Try reading the whole thread before commenting then otherwise one day you're gonna make a right c**t of yourself :thumbs:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lads who are out with there mates a few times a week on the whole defiantly have better dogs than hunt terrier lads, there prepared to Poach travel miles take days off work all to work there dogs!

TBH mate I'd rather give 2 or 3 terriers plenty of work rather than very little work to 7 terriers. Different people have different standards, mine won't be as high as some of the lads on here but if

Posted Images

What part of i think a good hunt terrier will do the same work as a good digging dog did you not understand what im saying is a good dog is a good dog reguardless of weather it dos hunt work or not but the hunt terrierman dos have more pressure on a hunt day than the ordinary terrierman just out for a day s sport as his main job is too keep the huntsman and follower s happy as that is his job not hobby

calm down rocky you used the words digging dog and hunt terrier as in there was a differance not me , good huntterrier men surround them selves with the tools to do the job , i must have missed the earlier part of this thred , think we agree that there is no differance just the prople who use them and they way the work them ;)

Try reading the whole thread before commenting then otherwise one day you're gonna make a right c**t of yourself :thumbs:

read the whole thred son :thumbs:

Good lad :thumbs:

Guest dee mac

Now you have me i agree with you point is a good dog is a good dog reguardless it the roles of pro terrierman and ordinary terrierman that differ one always want too dig his dog the other want s the fox back on top reguardless weather a bolt or dig but the majority prefare a dig but if there employer wants a quick bolt then he enters the dog too suit the job and his best dogs get most of there digging on his stopping days were he s in control of the days proceedings imo

Reading whole thread ? It started out about a trip to Georgia ,hunting BOBCAT! before someone derailed IT !!! :icon_redface:

Aye but the subject it's became is alot more interesting than a supposedly hard terrier that has learned manners :thumbs:

Good lad :thumbs:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I worked for a hunt for 2 seasons about 23 year ago.The dog i used then was the same dog i used while out diging with the lads and he was no sounder.When with the hunt the fox either bolted or was accounted for end off and anyone that knew the dog would verify that.I think when a fox is ran to ground its the same as walking up to an earth with no hounds,the terrier does not know what put him in there,but a lot depends on who is handling and working the terrier.I will probably get slated for this but i think most hunts dont give a flying fcuk about the terrier or the man working it as long as everything goes well for them on the day.

• Like 2

I worked for a hunt for 2 seasons about 23 year ago.The dog i used then was the same dog i used while out diging with the lads and he was no sounder.When with the hunt the fox either bolted or was accounted for end off and anyone that knew the dog would verify that.I think when a fox is ran to ground its the same as walking up to an earth with no hounds,the terrier does not know what put him in there,but a lot depends on who is handling and working the terrier.I will probably get slated for this but i think most hunts dont give a flying fcuk about the terrier or the man working it as long as everything goes well for them on the day.

these days half the field dont know what the terrier mans duty's entail , a good huntsman would know the land and maybe the earths on it from past experience , the majority work as as team , if its a big place and in the past been a long drawn out affair the huntsman may move on and draw some were else , the terrierman may work as he sees fit , the terriers used is down to him and his experience and the tools he has availible to him , are hunt terriers differant to terriers worked at the weekends , theres some men out there with more experience than men in hunt service there are lads with good terriers on both sides of the fence so no to me a good working terrier is just that , a good hunt terrier man needs a string of terriers bolters , bayers , stayers and even the contentios hard un , , there are good huntterrier men still out there , some are unpaid , there are even more wannabe's ;)

Surely a fox thats being ran to ground is giving off a

lot more sent than a lad thats being lying up at the back

of a earth and hasent moved for a couple of hours .

Therefore easier to locate .

all depends some give off none,

Terrier still has to go in and find its fox whether it was ran in or been there al night.Thats the dogs job,and i dont think a hunted fox will give off any more scent than a fox that entered of its own accord.People make too many excuses for terriers,if they are not able to find or wont stay till dug then they are no good in my opinion.People have different standards regarding diging dogs,but i personally would not tolerate a dog that comes of its quarry no matter where or what the quarry is.Its my opinion and everyone to there own.

I dont belive that a fox thats being ran to ground sometimes

gives off no sent

If he wasent giving off sent he would never of being put

to ground in the first place

once watched a fox walk in a drain,when i walked over with the dog it didnt want to enter,i got a lot of foxes with this dog so he was no muppet.so i sat on the bank for a couple of minutes then walked down and the dog entered and accounted for said fox.scent sometimes takes a while to settle is what i am getting at

I dont belive that a fox thats being ran to ground sometimes

gives off no sent

If he wasent giving off sent he would never of being put

to ground in the first place

weather you beleave it or not scent is a mystery unto its self , ask any huntsman ;)

when a fox is moving quickly his body gets warm and its scent will be stronger, a fox thats been hunted for hours gets tired the scent from him gets weaker, its then a fresh fox can lead the hounds astray as his scent is stronger, a fox that lies still can give off very little scent, i think what happened to you moby was when the fox came aware of you or the dog he then gave off some scent, so what you were saying was quite true, i could talk all night about foxes and badgers but i wont bore ye any more.