Deleted due to lack of interest

a terrier would be entered to kill a fox in an undiggable place

that is where we differ I would never consider entering a hard terrier in what would be considered a n undiggable spot....when you have hard terriers I wish it was as simple as enter hard terrier ...hard terrier kills fox ....then hard terrier comes out and we all live happily ever after ....but I can assure you its not.... even in spots that are diggable

a truer word never said

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lads who are out with there mates a few times a week on the whole defiantly have better dogs than hunt terrier lads, there prepared to Poach travel miles take days off work all to work there dogs!

TBH mate I'd rather give 2 or 3 terriers plenty of work rather than very little work to 7 terriers. Different people have different standards, mine won't be as high as some of the lads on here but if

Posted Images

a handy little baying dog woud be my choice. one that will shout out. then i.d have the fox when it showed :thumbs:

what if the fox didnt show.

ok lets say i have the dog to ground and no chance of a bolt. i wait for the terrier to show or with one or two terriers ive owned i,ll shout the dog off. stand out of sight down wind and wait quietly for say half an hour. most times the fox is out sharpish. especially in smaller shallow affairs. in bigger earths. its sometimes worth giving the dog a run through again. or trying a different terrier. from a different hole. and then doing the same again. on the rare occasion that it wont shift lift the net and give it best. or if its a pest lift the net and set a snare. i prefare to let it run if its not causing a problem :thumbs:

as the old saying goes theres more than one way to skin a cat. and as you have already said the option of putting a good killing dog in

but as in all terrierwork nothing goes exactly to plan :blink: and ive seen a few hard types take a hammering on what looks a simple task. ive not mentioned the other option of digging with a good staying dog as its an undigable spot. to be fair most spots where i am are diggable.

mine are mostly wank :laugh: russells and plummers. i prefare bolting terriers but ask my terriers to work above and below. i'm getting oder now and dont do much digging. but still get the odd fox to ground :yes: never was a hundred a year man :no:

• Like 1

mine are mostly wank :laugh: russells and plummers. i prefare bolting terriers but ask my terriers to work above and below. i'm getting oder now and dont do much digging. but still get the odd fox to ground :yes: never was a hundred a year man :no:

dont think many are if they tell the truth.