Squirrel hunting?

Either just mooch about, or knock them out the trees with a catty, or bolt them with a ferret / smoker.

ferrets/smoker :icon_eek:

Hollow trees / branches mate.

not sure I'd fancy putting a ferret up against a squirrel, I bet they could do a bit of damage to a ferret couldn't they? or do they just bolt straight away?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my drey poker comes in the way of a berretta 3" semi auto.. should see them fly when i poke the feckers with that!

I'd shoot them. Wouldn't let my dogs near them not sure how true it is but heard of dogs dying from squirrel bites

did you climb up it quick?

Either just mooch about, or knock them out the trees with a catty, or bolt them with a ferret / smoker.

not sure I'd fancy putting a ferret up against a squirrel, I bet they could do a bit of damage to a ferret couldn't they? or do they just bolt straight away?

I wouldnt put a ferret up against a squirrel intensionly but i have bolted one outta a warren once :thumbs:

Squrrels never fight with a ferret,they just bolt straight away,had no problems with squirrel bites affecting the dogs at all? They can inflict some damage on a dog though.Had over 50 in the last year with the catty/lurcher

100_0620.jpg

• Like 1

ferrets will bolt a squirrel no problem,as a young lad we used to put them up with the terriers our mate who i wont name as hes on her :laugh: would climb the tree being the youngest of us all with a sac and a ferret enter the ferret in the hole put the sac over the entrance all hell would brake lose squirrel would bolt into the sac and wala..till he fell out of the tree one day and broke his leg :laugh::laugh: you know who you are!

ferrets will bolt a squirrel no problem,as a young lad we used to put them up with the terriers our mate who i wont name as hes on her :laugh: would climb the tree being the youngest of us all with a sac and a ferret enter the ferret in the hole put the sac over the entrance all hell would brake lose squirrel would bolt into the sac and wala..till he fell out of the tree one day and broke his leg :laugh::laugh: you know who you are!

you fooling the boys andrew can climb a tree :icon_eek:

I'd shoot them. Wouldn't let my dogs near them not sure how true it is but heard of dogs dying from squirrel bites

my lurcher's have been bitten loads by them and never had any probs

I heard that, but my staff's never had any problems. :thumbs:

My old terrier use to get bit by the first one it caught in spring every year,no side affects ever but never remembered the bite from the previous year and always got bit .

• 5 months later...