My first Russell

Got my first Russell pup last Thursday, 10 weeks old and just settled in.

He's a balshy little fella and is into everything. Has already started digging the garden. Very obediant and since we have had him and changed his diet he has lost a bit of his puppy belly. He's a pretty chunky little chap as well.

He's bred from a couple of local farm/ratting dogs and is from a litter that was by far the best we saw. Proper pups, chunky and curious, bit of front on them and no fear.

260146_2132768682951_1358051369_3298094_156850_n.jpg

251391_2132769602974_1358051369_3298098_7237578_n.jpg

248881_2132772163038_1358051369_3298113_3131973_n.jpg

249921_2132772843055_1358051369_3298118_817044_n.jpg

254511_2132773163063_1358051369_3298120_4070589_n.jpg

253831_2132773483071_1358051369_3298122_7648252_n.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of quality russells out there but they do real graft not messing for rabbits and rats

chill out nog not so long ago you were starting out and asking advice we all had to start some where..

FAIR PLAY CLARE IN YOUR COMMENT, BUT I NEVER MENTIONED KILL OR GRAB HOLD OF THERE FOX, I SAID EARTH WORK, YES THE RUSSELL WAS USED TO FLUSH ITS QUARRY FOR THE HOUNDS, IME NOT HAVING A GO BECOUSE YOUR

stunning nice to see a Russell that looks like a Russell! I have bred a litter myself and kept a bitch back, been looking for a second bitch and a possible dog, and every litter I have seen have been crap, whats happening with Russells? they just doesnt seem to be any quality dogs out there, yeah I'm not wanting a digging dog, just a bit of ratting, and also there out with me when im out and about, but every litter I have looked at, the adults haven't even looked like russells!

stunning nice to see a Russell that looks like a Russell! I have bred a litter myself and kept a bitch back, been looking for a second bitch and a possible dog, and every litter I have seen have been crap, whats happening with Russells? they just doesnt seem to be any quality dogs out there, yeah I'm not wanting a digging dog, just a bit of ratting, and also there out with me when im out and about, but every litter I have looked at, the adults haven't even looked like russells!

Plenty of quality russells out there but they do real graft not messing for rabbits and rats

• Like 2

My thoughts exactly pal :good:

How close minded of you...so Just because I don't dig that means me and my dogs are less and just "messing around" I think that's terrible... a dog should be judged on how it works on the job its been given not judged because of size of prey

btw mine are also used to flush foxes out of bales after harvest suppose that's just messing around to....

next you will be telling I shouldn't be hunting as I'm female!

How close minded of you...so Just because I don't dig that means me and my dogs are less and just "messing around" I think that's terrible... a dog should be judged on how it works on the job its been given not judged because of size of prey

btw mine are also used to flush foxes out of bales after harvest suppose that's just messing around to....

with regards to your terriers not doing the job they were breed for then yes i beleive they arent to be respected as highly as digging dogs. Thats just common sense surely?????

With regards to the woman part.....well.......now you mention it ..... :whistling:

N.B that last bit was said in jest, just before you start calling me a sexiist aswell as closed minded :thumbs:

with regards to your terriers not doing the job they were breed for then yes i beleive they arent to be respected as highly as digging dogs. Thats just common sense surely?????

With regards to the woman part.....well.......now you mention it ..... :whistling:

N.B that last bit was said in jest, just before you start calling me a sexiist aswell as closed minded :thumbs:

BUT my dogs are doing what they were bred for mine are farm bred ratting dogs.. Not all terriers are bred to be earth dogs!

BUT my dogs are doing what they were bred for mine are farm bred ratting dogs.. Not all terriers are bred to be earth dogs!

I THINK IF YOU DID SOME RESEARCH INTO THE BREED OF JACK RUSSELL WOULD FIND THAY WAS BRED FOR EARTH WORK FIRST AND FORMOST. HAPPY HUNTING WITH YOUR LITTLE TYKE. WITH RESPECT ALLI.

yes the parson bred them to flush foxes not to grab on and kill and I never said that Jack russles were only bred for ratting I said mine come from a line of ratting dogs

I think people on here need to realise that just because you don't let your dog go to earth doesn't mean they are any less of a dog! Its rude to say people are "messing around" because of it ...anyway had enough having to explain myself why I only do ratting/rabbiting with mine mainly so I'm off to have some ciders and enjoy the sunshine