Advice on rimfires

:thumbdown: yeah but by the time it gets there, its like flicking it in the ear :thumbdown:

of course default rifle atm cz 452 synthetic

i've looked at .22lr mossberg 802 chromed? £270 new?

also at a stretch savage arms .22lr ss thumbhole? £590 new?

Edited by tom-praireCS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CZ just as high quality as any other,, nicer feeling than the savage for me. Really is the one to get,, get the rimfire magic trigger kit and it`s a peach.

120 yrd rabbits with a 12ft/lb air rifle ??? more luck than judgement methinks :blink:

unless you are up there with Pianoman which most are not !!

:thumbdown: yeah but by the time it gets there, its like flicking it in the ear :thumbdown:

of course default rifle atm cz 452 synthetic

i've looked at .22lr mossberg 802 chromed? £270 new?

also at a stretch savage arms .22lr ss thumbhole? £590 new?

So now you are implying that you shoot rabbits at 120yard to inflict pain on them :thumbdown: and you what a .22 rimfire :blink: i wouldn't let you have a catapult mate, i've seen your video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8YaffxjvsY and it took you 8 shots to hit two cans.

Do youself a favour and stick to target shooting.

hi yeh i think i will go for a cz in the end.

hi, "pest control" we wouldn't shoot at an animal if it wouldn't kill it straight out i was just saying that because an egg is the same size as head. plus that video was in wind, and we dont hunt unless calm. im not hunting because i like to see animals die. :thumbdown:

ps- i wasnt shooting, and we only missed twice. your youtube vids show you missing from about 40yards?

although im not trying to be argumentitive/competitive, just saying my opinion...

i've/we've done nothing wrong. we all miss :hmm:

Edited by tom-praireCS

Better to stretch your budget on glass. You need the detail when you have to put 50 rounds in succession in a 3/4" ring at 50yds to get your basic qualification at UKBR22 . . .

Ric

Edited to add: as suggested buy a box apiece of all the different makes of ammo you can, find out which one your gun likes and stick to it. Buy your maximum allowance every time, making sure they are all from the same batch.

Edited by RicW

hi yeah i was, looking into getting a new scope for rifle when bought, would a fixed zoom be better of around 8x?

I like fixed mag. You get better quality by not spending on variable mag, so as I said I'd go for 6x42 or 8x56. A lot of guys prefer zooms though. Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice!

hi all this is great keep it coming i would be doing about 50/50 rabbit and target. but if it can hit a rabbit in the head at say 120yards, which a 12ft lbs air rifle can then im happy with that for accuracy. i can stretch at the very limit 800 for rifle including just silencer. i've got bipod and scope.

i've heard that sak silencers are decent and only £30? i would rather spend 300-400 so i can buy a replacement air rifle as well.

so basically is it worth it for me to spend more?

Well the bit i have highlighted has just done it for me,if you can shoot a rabbit in the head with a sub 12ft air rifle at 120yards you don't need a .22 rimmy

I SECOND THAT HAVING NEVER SEEN IT DONE PERSONALY I WOULD NOT DREAM OF TRYING TO SHOOT A RABBIT AT THAT RANGE EVEN WITH MY DAYSTATE MK3 WHICH IS SUPER PRECISE AND IN PERFECT CONDITIONS LIKE THE MAN SAID IF YOUR THAT GOOD THEN DONT WASTE YOU MONEY STICK TO YOUR AIR RIFLE

had a cz style and it was very accurate, got the trigger sorted as standard there abit heavy. sold that as i needed to buy other things. but got a annie 1417 now in 22lr again very accurate,great trigger, and compact as its got 14 inch barrel.

the lad i sold my cz to has had it 3 years and he is moving it on now due to not using it that much. worth a look if i where you. it also comes with 400 round sof ammo. trigger is sorted and its dead accurate. when I 1st had it I was shooting finger nail size 4 shot groups at 55 to 60 yards. if i didnt have a 22lr at moment i would snap it back up

Well the bit i have highlighted has just done it for me,if you can shoot a rabbit in the head with a sub 12ft air rifle at 120yards you don't need a .22 rimmy

I SECOND THAT HAVING NEVER SEEN IT DONE PERSONALY I WOULD NOT DREAM OF TRYING TO SHOOT A RABBIT AT THAT RANGE EVEN WITH MY DAYSTATE MK3 WHICH IS SUPER PRECISE AND IN PERFECT CONDITIONS LIKE THE MAN SAID IF YOUR THAT GOOD THEN DONT WASTE YOU MONEY STICK TO YOUR AIR RIFLE

once again i DO NOT SHOOT RABBITS AT THAT DISTANCE JUST SAYING I WOULD LIKE A RIFLE ACCURATE ENOUGH/POWER TO DO THAT! :wallbash:

had a cz style and it was very accurate, got the trigger sorted as standard there abit heavy. sold that as i needed to buy other things. but got a annie 1417 now in 22lr again very accurate,great trigger, and compact as its got 14 inch barrel.

the lad i sold my cz to has had it 3 years and he is moving it on now due to not using it that much. worth a look if i where you. it also comes with 400 round sof ammo. trigger is sorted and its dead accurate. when I 1st had it I was shooting finger nail size 4 shot groups at 55 to 60 yards. if i didnt have a 22lr at moment i would snap it back up

Hi this is a bummer, i need the FAC first though which im in the process of applying for.

although the advice is great, is there much of a difference between longer and shorter barrels particulary?

I personally wouldn't spend a fortune on glass for a .22 i use a 3-9 MTC Cobra which is more than enough for a .22 i believe. No recoil, very few shots will be near the 100 yard mark. Buy the CZ and a trigger kit and spend the rest on ammo and enjoy. :thumbs: That said mate watch how you phrase long range shots as our sport is under major scrutiny all the time and an innocent comment if phrased wrong can turn you into a crazed killer. That said mate get out there and have fun. :boogie:

DunK