just out of interes

hi guys ,,might be a daft question but i have been thinking lol.how far would a pellet travel before it falls to ground i know it prob depends on type of air rifle so will be approx be interesting to see what you guys think i have no idea ..lol.tony

I once actually measured 410 metres in field No1 with my Sub 12 ft/lb .22 TX200 rifle Andy. Si Pittaway came up with a similar range with one of his rifles so, it's a decently honest figure mate.

What you can control the shot to, as a precise, accurately aimed one however..... :whistling:

Simon

I once actually measured 410 metres in field No1 with my Sub 12 ft/lb .22 TX200 rifle Andy. Si Pittaway came up with a similar range with one of his rifles so, it's a decently honest figure mate.

What you can control the shot to, as a precise, accurately aimed one however..... :whistling:

Simon

409?? :blink::laugh:

Oh it's all terribly scientific Tony :hmm:

I got a lad I know who shoots over the land to help by marking the landings! :laugh: .

He went up field with some white-painted dowells with white cotton streamers on for wind speed indication and marked the spots where the pellets fell with them. I measured the distance with a five metre steel tape and used tent spikes to mark the full run of tape between marks. It seemed to take forever all day, but we got an average of 410 metres into an area "group" of about 17 square feet, furthest to nearest, covered from my prone position.

Simon

Hmmm, ballistic software comes up with a lot more than that............

really what does it say ?? what does it reckon to the difference is between 177 and 22 then or are they similar?