SEA EAGLES

Guest john5

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced' was a much larger type of wolf than the ones which had been wiped out. Apparently, these big wolves are causing a lot of damage: even the elk moved out of the Park to avoid the constant hassle. Read this on an American forum.

Re-introduction of anything should only be done if the current society/wildlife/geographical climate can stand it without problems. IMO you can't go 'back' to the days of yore!

OUR governing bodied are fecking clever...

they suggested bringing back the wolve to help control the reds on scotland, of course its only 'RED' deer the wolves will hunt, not sheep, cattle and dare i say human :blink:

There are people who want to reintroduce lynx. Ooh-er! Real big cats lurking around the lochs!

i cant see anyone, other than the typical towny/city dweller being honestly up for the reintroduction of our 'ONCE' natives.

whys that then???? :hmm:

:hmm: same here

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'wiped out for a reason'. I can't believe someone as ignorant as you can exist...unbelievable

how many are being released??? how much trouble are they really causing in scotland??? lets have some facts from those who actually know first hand what they are on about

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced'

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced' was a much larger type of wolf than the ones which had been wiped out. Apparently, these big wolves are causing a lot of damage: even the elk moved out of the Park to avoid the constant hassle. Read this on an American forum.

Re-introduction of anything should only be done if the current society/wildlife/geographical climate can stand it without problems. IMO you can't go 'back' to the days of yore!

they suggested bringing back the wolve to help control the reds on scotland, of course its only 'RED' deer the wolves will hunt, not sheep, cattle and dare i say human :blink:

There are people who want to reintroduce lynx. Ooh-er! Real big cats lurking around the lochs!

i cant see anyone, other than the typical towny/city dweller being honestly up for the reintroduction of our 'ONCE' natives.

Well lads i'd say Earths means that if your a townie then you'd probably like to see these Eagles reintroduced because they would cause no problem to the townies and would probably something for them to travel out to the country and look at but if your a farmer/landowner and have livestock to loose then you wouldn't want to see them back..... :thumbs:

Well lads i'd say Earths means that if your a townie then you'd probably like to see these Eagles reintroduced because they would cause no problem to the townies and would probably something for them to travel out to the country and look at but if your a farmer/landowner and have livestock to loose then you wouldn't want to see them back..... :thumbs:

i can understand that mate :thumbs: but only townies :blink:i aint a townie,but i aint a farmer and i'd be happy with em getting another chance,its like that buzzard that took that blokes pup whilst walking,what ,should we kill all buzzards,theyve as much right to be here as we have,imo :thumbs:

but saying that,the sparrows this year have murdered the wifes lettuce and chard,so maybe its time to wipe these out :whistling:

Edited by craigyboy

Any introductions back into our very artificial countryside,should be taken with a pinch of salt! A few VERY high profile predators for the WOW factor and the PR.

Controlled by the "Raptor group" of course!

They may be spectacular birds, BUT,

Why cant we have as much effort into getting the song birds back .! Even the humble sparrow is in decline! It would mean far more to a great many people than a couple of

sea eagles.

But you dont here about the "song bird group"? Because you cant be one of the "COOL" gang if your not with the RAPTOR guys!

It would be interesting to see what the outcome would be if they had a questioner asking

Tom,Dick and Harry what they would like to see reintroduced?

I doubt the first answer from the man in the street would be Sea Eagles??Money, funding and PR is behind it all.

My bet is that the man, on the street wouldnt even know song birds are in decline,and wouldnt know one from another.And his vote would be for exotics. :thumbs:

Control cat numbers in citys,and the bird population would be up in a year.

I'm with you craig, I feed the little shits all winter, and now they are destroying my peas.

:gunsmilie:

Don't mention sparrows :gunsmilie: Same here: the bloody things are supposed to be in decline: not in my garden they ain't! :censored: My fault for having a massive jungle of russian vine along one of my fence lines: perfect sanctuary from everything: its like green fortress! Measures will have to be taken at this rate :blink:

i can understand that mate :thumbs: but only townies :blink:i aint a townie,but i aint a farmer and i'd be happy with em getting another chance,its like that buzzard that took that blokes pup whilst walking,what ,should we kill all buzzards,theyve as much right to be here as we have,imo :thumbs:

but saying that,the sparrows this year have murdered the wifes lettuce and chard,so maybe its time to wipe these out :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yes but theres 'townies' and theres 'townies'........not for a minute did i think your were the fluffy bunny anti kill anything sort of townie just maybe somebody that lives in a town but has an open view on the countryside. I can never get this arguement of 'they have as much right to be here'.....i've always seen the world as a battle of the fittest and if you are causing a problem then you should get dealt with. Not for 1 minute would i expect things like BOP's to be exterminated but culling at certain times would be a good thing......noi?.. :hmm:

And for the reintroduction of a bird then whats the story there then....surely some board sit together and discuss the pro's and con's of the return of such a bird. How does that meeting go?........ "I think these birds would be brilliant for the twitchers to watch all day!"......"But what about the possibilty of these birds catching and killing lambs, game birds and maybe even family pets?............."EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........f**k them we want to see this big hook beak so they'll just have to deal with it and if they touch them we'll put them in jail ............. :blink:

Yes but theres 'townies' and theres 'townies'........not for a minute did i think your were the fluffy bunny anti kill anything sort of townie just maybe somebody that lives in a town but has an open view on the countryside. I can never get this arguement of 'they have as much right to be here'.....i've always seen the world as a battle of the fittest and if you are causing a problem then you should get dealt with. Not for 1 minute would i expect things like BOP's to be exterminated but culling at certain times would be a good thing......noi?.. :hmm:

And for the reintroduction of a bird then whats the story there then....surely some board sit together and discuss the pro's and con's of the return of such a bird. How does that meeting go?........ "I think these birds would be brilliant for the twitchers to watch all day!"......"But what about the possibilty of these birds catching and killing lambs, game birds and maybe even family pets?............."EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........f**k them we want to see this big hook beak so they'll just have to deal with it and if they touch them we'll put them in jail ............. :blink:

i get what your saying mate,and i agree,i have no problems with culling problem species in an area that theyre causing damage,but im not into wiping things out totally,not all bops kill lambs ,pheasant poults etc,but i know some do and they need to be dealt with :thumbs: prevention is better than the cure :thumbs:

I dont think anyone will advocate killing all the BOP,s.But control where control is neccessary,by the people who are having problems.( and are without doubt the best placed people to deal with it!)

I am allowed to control most other types of vermin and foxes ect.All I would need is a license to control BOP,s in a certain area for a limited amout of time.(6 to 8 weeks).

There is no way we could endanger the population as a whole,because of all the other ground not under any kind of license or control.

But because its not politicaly correct to be seen to agree with killing any kind of bird or animal.The people who make these rules,DONT have the guts to stand up and back anything like that. In case they loose there place in the " didnt we do well" gang .

We are not up against common sense. We are up against a very sellect few who tell the others what to think !!!

Any introductions back into our very artificial countryside,should be taken with a pinch of salt! A few VERY high profile predators for the WOW factor and the PR.

Controlled by the "Raptor group" of course!

They may be spectacular birds, BUT,

Why cant we have as much effort into getting the song birds back .! Even the humble sparrow is in decline! It would mean far more to a great many people than a couple of

sea eagles.

But you dont here about the "song bird group"? Because you cant be one of the "COOL" gang if your not with the RAPTOR guys!

It would be interesting to see what the outcome would be if they had a questioner asking

Tom,Dick and Harry what they would like to see reintroduced?

I doubt the first answer from the man in the street would be Sea Eagles??

Money, funding and PR is behind it all.

notworthy.gif

I agree with every part of that post, especially the 'artificial countryside' bit. :yes: These apex predators lived in a very different country to the one that exists today. These animals vanished as much because of the change in land use as they did because of the accepted 'Nasty hunters killed them all' reasons, if not more. :thumbs: