new lurcher pup

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would run on fox at about 15 month but that's just me as that age would give him time to mature and get strong enough atb good luck

Well if it's 3 months old now that means it was born early March so it'll be a year old in March 2012. I'd wait until Autumn 2012 when you'll have plenty young 'green' foxes running about and he'll be

make sure its dark

Guest valley2010

BOGGER ARE YOU REAL, dont listen to bogger he doesnt know what he is on about (start him at 8 months old on rabbits let alone foxes lol) you could injure the dog you might not see it but as he gets older his bones muchure he could of had a fractured leg or splintered bone ect from running him early and you wont see it till he gets older cause i know some one that has dun it working the dog to early it started to limp for no apparent reason and the dog had splintered his bone in his leg. take the dog out at 9 months old with your mates dog at night and let your dog watch the other dog catch the rabbits do this for about 4-5weeks and i dont mean go out every night just once a week is plenty then when he is 10 months old or just over take you dog out with your mates dog and when the other dog catches the rabbit and brings it back hold your mates dog and drop the rabbit on the floor you might have to nudge it to run once it runs let your dog go and he will catch it do this a few times untill the dog clicks or you could find a squatting rabbit in the middle of the field walk up to it as it runs away let you dog go and once he has catched them a few times he will click then when he gets to a year and half old maby nearly 2 find a fox cub in the middle of a field call him in it will run usaly if its neva been lamped when it gets realy close to within 15 yrds let your mates dog go then let yours go and bobs your uncle by doing it this way your mates dog gets the nasty end hopefully doesnt always work out mind, and will kill it cause you dont want a young dog to get bitten on his first few cause could put him off everythig he will think everything you run him on will bite lol hope this has helped thanks danielthumbs.gif

BOGGER ARE YOU REAL, dont listen to bogger he doesnt know what he is on about (start him at 8 months old on rabbits let alone foxes lol) you could injure the dog you might not see it but as he gets older his bones muchure he could of had a fractured leg or splintered bone ect from running him early and you wont see it till he gets older cause i know some one that has dun it working the dog to early it started to limp for no apparent reason and the dog had splintered his bone in his leg. take the dog out at 9 months old with your mates dog at night and let your dog watch the other dog catch the rabbits do this for about 4-5weeks and i dont mean go out every night just once a week is plenty then when he is 10 months old or just over take you dog out with your mates dog and when the other dog catches the rabbit and brings it back hold your mates dog and drop the rabbit on the floor you might have to nudge it to run once it runs let your dog go and he will catch it do this a few times untill the dog clicks or you could find a squatting rabbit in the middle of the field walk up to it as it runs away let you dog go and once he has catched them a few times he will click then when he gets to a year and half old maby nearly 2 find a fox cub in the middle of a field call him in it will run usaly if its neva been lamped when it gets realy close to within 15 yrds let your mates dog go then let yours go and bobs your uncle by doing it this way your mates dog gets the nasty end hopefully doesnt always work out mind, and will kill it cause you dont want a young dog to get bitten on his first few cause could put him off everythig he will think everything you run him on will bite lol hope this has helped thanks danielthumbs.gif

THANKS MATE AFTER READING BOGGERS POST I BORROWED A FOXCALL AN CHARGED MY LAMP TO GO OUT WITH MY 7 MONTH OLD PUP I DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE IT TWO LATE TO GET HIM STARTED