collie x grey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was a very popular breed, in the 60s/ 70s Hill collie bitch with a champion coursing greyhound, that was the best way, out of litter say 7 pups you may get 3 good decent dogs, for all round, edible

not a hare coursing dog, but as taken odd few mooching, is fast for a 1x ,and as is good on all edible quarry. As brill nose finding quarry, finds loads of birds,rabbits,deer, and to me thats what mak

BL- Great info, I have a loading shute for cattle at my house , so the men running cattle use it from time to time to sort, ship and stuff. Yesterday a crew showed up with about 8 Q Horses and two cow

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

Got a collie x pup at the moment at first I was getting nervous as she seemed very timid for no reason and as few member said on other topics the collie trait sometimes can get frustrating but the possitives out way the negs, retrieving has been a bliss from 12 weeks had her retrieving at good distances with balls and dummies just took to it natural didn't even have to train her. So in all very impressed. If someone could get a pic of the topic this yrs dogs and post them on hereof mine for me that would be great as not good at attaching photos lol

post-60473-0-85174500-1306511677_thumb.jpg

Cheers fella

Got a collie x grey 1st cross she will be 5 years in November she doesn't mess around, she great all rounder lamp day and with ferrets, got her bringing on my 20 month collie x grey x deerhound, she tends to be a bit dominant with the younger dog when out and sometimes needs reminding iam pack leader not her, but she is great couldn't and wouldn't be without her.

An awful lot depends on the collie that is used in the mix. There are collies and there are collies. I've seen pure collies that are racier than some half-cross collies. Plus there is a huge variation in attitude. Don't just get the first collie blooded lurcher that you come across. Think about what you want the dog to do and ask around people that know collie crosses.

Im lookin out 4 new dog, what do yous think of collie x grey's? if [NO TEXT TALK] has any pic's post them up! please!!

here you go mate, Bryn 1x colliegrey 4 in sep 25in, Brill at his job :thumbs:

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

5/8 grey 3/8 collie

S7300557.jpg

She's a nice dog, like her alot. Is that the one that your doing your research on a stud for

Yeh thats her mate......got a few irons in the fire as they say.Just need to pick the right sire now. :thumbs:

Im lookin out 4 new dog, what do yous think of collie x grey's? if [NO TEXT TALK] has any pic's post them up! please!!

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

I'll keep saying it you'll be hard pushed to find a better example of a 1st x than Bryn. :thumbs:

msg-6933-1271070938.jpg

I'll keep saying it you'll be hard pushed to find a better example of a 1st x than Bryn. :thumbs:

Thanks John :thumbs: , you right for a 1x he his very fast+agile with great strike, as ive said before he bang on for rabbits day+night :thumbs: but the collie temp can be very clever at times maybe to much some times.!

Guest born to run1083

5/8 grey 3/8 collie

S7300557.jpg

She's a nice dog, like her alot. Is that the one that your doing your research on a stud for

Yeh thats her mate......got a few irons in the fire as they say.Just need to pick the right sire now. :thumbs:

Fair enough, it all be worth while in the end, seen her a few times on here and always liked the look of her, from what i heard she sounds a handy animal

Guest born to run1083

What do you think of the differences in style of running and such between the 5/8 3/8 and the half crosses ,mines a half cross and my first ever collie cross. Ive had bits of collie in the make up but never only collie grey, brought her originally for mooching but think she's got way more to offer.

What do you think of the differences in style of running and such between the 5/8 3/8 and the half crosses ,mines a half cross and my first ever collie cross. Ive had bits of collie in the make up but never only collie grey, brought her originally for mooching but think she's got way more to offer.

I've found no real difference between them as theres only a 1/8 difference both x's.I suppose its down to the individual dog and whether they take to the grey or the collie side,the 1/2 x I put a pic up of she lacked a little pace but was just as fast at the end of the night as the beginning. :thumbs: