Tikka M55 Custom Build ???

What do you think ???  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea Or Bad.

I saw this rifle on the Gun Trader and it looked a really nice rifle, so I did a bit of research to find a little more about them. From what I have read online Tikka M55's actions have a good reputation for being a rock solid smooth action, so I bought the rifle with the intention of bedding the rifle into a new McMillan tactical style stock with an Accuracy International bottom metal assembly and magazine. The rifle currently has an unfired 26" PacNor 1 in 9 twist barrel and it has the delux wooden stock, the stock is immaculate as you can see.

d.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

Do you think this is a good or bad idea???

What do you think ???

I will be using the rifle for long range varmint shooting and paper punching upto 600yds.

Edited by robbobsam

What Calibre is it?

Also i didnt know that Accuracy International manufactured DBM systems, unless you bought a AICS that comes with the bottom metal...i know that their magazines fit many aftermarket DBM systems...Badger, SYSS, GBR etc. But im not sure about Tikka fitment?

my guns are not broke but if it shoots that well and you have the money treat her to a face lift.i have just bought an accuracy international stock for a rem .17 fireball to me its important that you smile just looking at your rifles .i have a friend called chris who hates the stock i have bought but he is gay and whilst i have nothing against gays at all i am glad we have different tastes. :whistling: go for it and post some pics.

If you are intending to walk around the fields then bad idea. heavy old stocks the AI.

If you are shooting out of a vehicle and get a stiffie looking at a rifle that would look the part in Futurama then yes :D

Its an excellent gun to start a custom job on, but you need to give it a good foundation in a quailty stock, bedded and then you'll have fun,

my m595 weights in at about 13lbs, and i carry it stalking only i use the bi athlete style gun sling to transfer the weight between the two shoulders,

you'll be glad you done it if you do alot of shooting, and even more so if you reload...

Snap.

if you are worried about the weight.i bought an aim tactical drag bag,that has a proper shoulder harness and you can walk with a heavy gun no problems.plus you get to have a stiffie looking at your rifle ay gloop