BAD MOVE!

TonyT

LOST MY BEST LITTLE JILL YESTERDAY.WELL FAVOURITE ONE ANYWAY.

WE WERE JUST BOLTING A FEW FROM ROCKS.JUST EXCERSISE FOR TERRIERS REALLY.

I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE DROPPED HER IN THERE!

SHES NORMALLY STRAIGHT IN AND OUT.IF THEY DONT BOLT SHE JUST COMES OUT ANYWAY,AND

HAS DONE FOR THE THREE SEASONS IVE TAKEN HER.

IVE LEFT THE BOX THERE AND KEEP GOING BACK,BUT NOT LOOKING GOOD :(

WHAT A PILLOCK!

T

same thing to me this morning , she went in bolted a few young ones , so was waiting for her to come back up to service to go home , still waiting for over an hour as i dont use locaters ect , after about 1 1/2 hours we decided just to walk away , left ferret box there and blocked holes , but im not hopefull :cry:

Dale

were the ferrets not collered up ?

NO MATE..............I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING.

I WASNT EXPECTING TO DIG FOR IT,WELL YOU COULDNT ANYWAY.

I WONT BE DOING IT AGAIN.

COLLAR ON AND ONLY PUT IN WHERE I CAN DIG EM OUT.

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES IVE SAID THAT!?!?

T :cry:

same thing to me this morning , she went in bolted a few young ones , so was waiting for her to come back up to service to go home , still waiting for over an hour as i dont use locaters ect , after about 1 1/2 hours we decided just to walk away , left ferret box there and blocked holes , but im not hopefull :cry:

Dale

ferreting without collars mean patience. 1.5 hours isn't that long to wait if she is laid up with one. I have waited 3 hrs sometimes. More chance of her coming out at 2 hrs and wandering off across the paddock. Its up to you to be there for the ferret- you took her there so be patience and wait for her.

ferreting without collars mean patience. 1.5 hours isn't that long to wait if she is laid up with one. I have waited 3 hrs sometimes. More chance of her coming out at 2 hrs and wandering off across the paddock. Its up to you to be there for the ferret- you took her there so be patience and wait for her.

exactly up to me , i dont use collers ect , people didnt use them years ago so why now , yes they help alot , but with my own home and family to support last thing on my mind is spendin 8o quid on a ferret coller .. i waiting around , it never come up , maybe it even come out of a bolt hole which we didnt locate , who knows , but you cant slate some 1 when this happens all the time to the best of people

Dale

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Recent figures have shown that more people seem to lose their collared ferrets than those worked naked. Hard pill to swallow for the Knocker Box Brigade? Maybe so. But there it is.

Remember also; A naked ferret is just a ferret. One with a leather noose round it's neck, once roaming, is a tragic accident with a root or fence, just waiting to happen.

Anyway; Hope you lads manage to find them. They often as not turn up sooner or later.

Sorry to hear about your ferret what a bummer, :( but its an occupational hazard that comes hand in hand woth working any animal :cry:

Recent figures have shown that more people seem to lose their collared ferrets than those worked naked. Hard pill to swallow for the Knocker Box Brigade? Maybe so. But there it is.

Remember also; A naked ferret is just a ferret. One with a leather noose round it's neck, once roaming, is a tragic accident with a root or fence, just waiting to happen.

Anyway; Hope you lads manage to find them. They often as not turn up sooner or later.

I bet theres a greater number of ferrets being worked with a collar on than without?

I would have waited longer than 1 1/2 hours to be honest, I have honestly waited that long just because I couldnt be arsed to dig!

I havent lost a ferret yet, but I havent been at it long. I personally would wait until it came out, end of. Darkness or not.

Why not buy a cage trap and set it with a piece or rabbit or whatever you feed them, might work. How long has it been gone btw?

Edited by Hob&Jill
LOST MY BEST LITTLE JILL YESTERDAY.WELL FAVOURITE ONE ANYWAY.

WE WERE JUST BOLTING A FEW FROM ROCKS.JUST EXCERSISE FOR TERRIERS REALLY.

I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE DROPPED HER IN THERE!

SHES NORMALLY STRAIGHT IN AND OUT.IF THEY DONT BOLT SHE JUST COMES OUT ANYWAY,AND

HAS DONE FOR THE THREE SEASONS IVE TAKEN HER.

IVE LEFT THE BOX THERE AND KEEP GOING BACK,BUT NOT LOOKING GOOD :(

WHAT A PILLOCK!

T

OH BOLLOC*S FEEL FOR YOU