Guest dances

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

silly talk

so a dog that will try and take anything PREY DRIVE ????   HARDNESS a dog that can take a foxs ect ect and do the job     GAMENESS a dog that will try even when out on his feet some dogs will d

If gameness is having a 'fighting spirit', especially in the face of difficult odds.   Could a lurcher not be game??? Depending on the situation you put it in? I would say it could.   Obviously no

I think the words common and sense would be better explained to some folk on this topic :laugh:

so my whippets aint game :icon_redface:

No mate, i think you will find they are classed as 'vermin' rather than 'game'. :tongue2:

• Like 1
Guest dances

i didnt edit it johnny was sent from my phone. And im still 18 until september so im afraid i still got a while til 19.

as for what i would class as game, iv seen dogs taken out by fools unfit in the winter and really tested to a point past where most would have quit.

And thanks for all that dotty lad is much appreciated

i didnt edit it johnny was sent from my phone. And im still 18 until september so im afraid i still got a while til 19.

as for what i would class as game, iv seen dogs taken out by fools unfit in the winter and really tested to a point past where most would have quit.

And thanks for all that dotty lad is much appreciated

Game refers to a 'fighting spirit' though does it not? Rather than the tenacity to push itself fitness wise? Unless your lamping other dogs. . . . . . .

Two dogs, a small jack russel and a big bull x are in a yard together, the terrier decides to pick a fight with the bigger dog and goes for him, and despite taking some serious stick, keeps at the bull x, going hammer and tongs until the bull x kills the terrier. The terrier dies still trying. So is the terrier game and the bull x hard???

id consider that a definition of gameness definately and to keep going back until killed could be classed as dead game no?

• Like 1

I think ideation is right I would class a little beddy/whip (smallest type) taking a dog fox that I would defo class as game but a big bull cross that's defo tenacity for in my eyes the bull x should be against a bigger stronger animal then fox for it to be classed as game which we don't have so I don't feel big bull x's are game. Now take that bull x out of the uk and even the odds run it after a wolf or something of the same weight and fight then you can say you got a game bulk x

I am getting puzzled The word (game) = dogs of old time in the fighting pits in london ect or/ (game) = will try its heart out on quarry? and as for coyotes was not talking 1/2xs any bullx ie 5/8x3/8

Edited by oldnow

do ye think a genuine halfx could be classed, or atleast tested to be game??

:thumbs:

I know nothin about gameness in dogs. I would guess that you could test a baboon on his readin comprehension but I doubt if he'd score well.

Guest dances

The topic wasn't started to be whether a lurcher can be game just to. Say that people in my opinion reall use the words badly when they are refering to things such as little ferreting whippets and say the dog is game.