Ferret Kits born with too many :S

Just finally managed to take a peep at the kits, as the jill was feeding..... its here first litter and managed to do a quick head count was hard to count because they where ar huddled but i counted 11 and there may be more underneath the other ones..... she only has 8 teets will she be able to feed them all..... there 5 days old and none have died.... seeing theve lasted 5 days do u think she is feeding them all ??? i see she has a few skinny ones though.

should i be feeding here special food because she has more to feed ??? y

Should she be able to cope with this number of kits ?

ANy advice would be appreciated greatl

Just make sure she has plenty grub little and often to stop it going of and as soon as you think there able start putting some in with the kits to take the burden off the jill .Dont worry they wont all feed at the same time

Just finally managed to take a peep at the kits, as the jill was feeding..... its here first litter and managed to do a quick head count was hard to count because they where ar huddled but i counted 11 and there may be more underneath the other ones..... she only has 8 teets will she be able to feed them all..... there 5 days old and none have died.... seeing theve lasted 5 days do u think she is feeding them all ??? i see she has a few skinny ones though.

should i be feeding here special food because she has more to feed ??? y

Should she be able to cope with this number of kits ?

ANy advice would be appreciated greatl

Hi my jill's first litter was 13 all were raised with no problems and she only has 7 teets. i used to give a bowl of goats milk and water (50/50)daily occasionally i would add an egg. plenty of fresh pigeon meat. They also varied in size but all very healthy.

good luck

Mick