Mornings Ratting 250+

Had a call from a mate at the weekend asking me to take my border pup over to a farm for some ratting. We were working a chicken shed thats 30 yards long and on skids so it can be towed around. There was 5 of us working 4 dogs, two border/pats one border/laky and my border. Well the plan was to drag it on to clean ground and let the terriers nail any that were bolting, farm had told us there are hundreds of rats in the shed. The tractors pulled the shed 100 yards across the field and only 10 bolted, so we thought it was the usual "I've got millions of rats" when there is only a dozen or so.

We said to one of the farmers to get his 360 digger and turn the chicken shit / foundations over which were 3 foot deep, from the first time to bucket went in till the last bucket between 10-30 rats bolted each time. These ranged from fully grown, half grown and young with closed eyes. This lasted for an hour and a half and all the dogs were knackered and we were knackered. There are 144 rats in the picture put there was at least the same amount again that we couldn't recover as each bucket was piled up and alot of bodies were lost.

all in all a cracking morning all dogs went well even the two pups.

069.jpg

Looks like you had a bit of fun there mate :thumbs:

Guest busterdog

I recognise those rats , I`m sure I walked past them the other day !!!!!

Yes you did dilly and just wait till he rings and asks me to do him a favour again :icon_eek: he can kiss my rosey red arse lol, not you Rod but the lying shit bag of a farmer.