alaunt x's

Does anyone know of any planned litters of Alaunts coming up? If so get in touch ... Thanks

i will pm you details the black bitch is in pup

CSC_2327.jpgCSC_2837.jpg this is xena due on monday

let us know what the outcome is mate :thumbs:

DSC_0829.jpgDSC_0830.jpgpics at one day old

best of luck with them buddy.

cheers mate will have to pop down again

these dogs will not be for the faint hearted talking from expeirence :thumbs:littleyinandlucy.jpg

why ??? are they game like ????

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some crackin looking dogs there but they aint alaunts cmon lets call a spade a spade theyre bull xs with some mastiff thrown in,you cant just recreate an extinct breed can you?

I do wish you wouldnt go round the houses like that!!

litter mate to the above pup

Posted Images

Ok, so i'll play 'devils advacat'...

So these 'Aluants'.. What do they bring to the table...?

In the fecking big mish-mash of lurchers what makes 'em what they are, what gives 'em a place....?

Plummer re-created 'em, So he said, and is that what they are... A Plummer re-creation, 'aint a good start fellas'!!

I'll grant you, stunning looking dogs.... ! BUT for all of those who ain't seen 'em graft, just how good are they... In comparison...???

A fair few on here were about and seen the 'original' first cross dogs, and them boys did well, lets make no bones about it!!

Though i'll bet, most would now recon them days are past and the 'bull cross', "Ain't what it used to be...! " Bet most would want a new injection of 'the right' bull blood to revive lines.

So, my question is.... What have you got...????

What worrys me is... So much bull blood has been tested, with so much failing to..'come to scratch' with numbers...

If... Given the right owner, could these dogs hit 200+ a season, anywhere. (it ain't such a big tally and plenty have hit it, + )????

And if they are such a mish-mash of breeds how do you keep it all the same over generations, how good is your foundation stock...???

The botton line is, for me, that if I was to pick up that numbers gauntlet again, would the cost of a pup be worth the money when they ain't 'tried an tested' anyway...?

Give one to a kid, who's keen as feck, maybe he can hit 'the numbers'...? But right now they are far out of reach....!

All that said, but I do know many have their faith in these dogs.... Please prove me wrong... Please...! :thumbs:

STA61818_edited.jpgCSC_2326.jpg plummer never lived long enough to see his first generation dogs mature you are into 6th and 7th generation dogs now so british alaunt is a better name, and i wont be going into blood lines on here, the two dogs above are as fast as alot of lurchers and have nothing to prove to anyone as for 200 in a season thats alot the biggest test would be catching the rest would be like a terrier with a rat and no test.

Ok, so i'll play 'devils advacat'...

So these 'Aluants'.. What do they bring to the table...?

In the fecking big mish-mash of lurchers what makes 'em what they are, what gives 'em a place....?

Plummer re-created 'em, So he said, and is that what they are... A Plummer re-creation, 'aint a good start fellas'!!

I'll grant you, stunning looking dogs.... ! BUT for all of those who ain't seen 'em graft, just how good are they... In comparison...???

A fair few on here were about and seen the 'original' first cross dogs, and them boys did well, lets make no bones about it!!

Though i'll bet, most would now recon them days are past and the 'bull cross', "Ain't what it used to be...! " Bet most would want a new injection of 'the right' bull blood to revive lines.

So, my question is.... What have you got...????

What worrys me is... So much bull blood has been tested, with so much failing to..'come to scratch' with numbers...

If... Given the right owner, could these dogs hit 200+ a season, anywhere. (it ain't such a big tally and plenty have hit it, + )????

And if they are such a mish-mash of breeds how do you keep it all the same over generations, how good is your foundation stock...???

The botton line is, for me, that if I was to pick up that numbers gauntlet again, would the cost of a pup be worth the money when they ain't 'tried an tested' anyway...?

Give one to a kid, who's keen as feck, maybe he can hit 'the numbers'...? But right now they are far out of reach....!

All that said, but I do know many have their faith in these dogs.... Please prove me wrong... Please...! :thumbs:

STA61818_edited.jpgCSC_2326.jpg plummer never lived long enough to see his first generation dogs mature you are into 6th and 7th generation dogs now so british alaunt is a better name, and i wont be going into blood lines on here, the two dogs above are as fast as alot of lurchers and have nothing to prove to anyone as for 200 in a season thats alot the biggest test would be catching the rest would be like a terrier with a rat and no test.

As they say mate "if it need's explaining to them they couldn't understand".keep doing what your doing buddy,that's why you've got what you've got and they have what they have. will have a brew ready when you pop down,ATB......

ive got one o these dogs,shes 3 in nov,ive owned saluki x gh and bullx and theyre all good dogs int reet hands but this bitch ive got now if she keeps up the way she is doing will hopefully surpass owt ive had before,her prey drive is astonishing :icon_eek: and shes taken to everything ive shown her like a duck to water :thumbs:

I really like the shorter, thicker set dogs of these lines.

There is a photo above, 2 x brindle dogs with white chests. Who owns these and how are they bred?

I would eventually like one, not to replace my lurcher but to work alongside. I've got the terrier for bushing, I've got the sal/whip/grey for running and I think one of these would be a perfect addition to the team. I've always wanted a staffy or ambull to take mooching with the lurchers but I think these are probably better suited to the game and obviously are from working lines and working staffords are hard to come by I think.

Gaz

Gaz

Gaz

I really like the shorter, thicker set dogs of these lines.

There is a photo above, 2 x brindle dogs with white chests. Who owns these and how are they bred?

I would eventually like one, not to replace my lurcher but to work alongside. I've got the terrier for bushing, I've got the sal/whip/grey for running and I think one of these would be a perfect addition to the team. I've always wanted a staffy or ambull to take mooching with the lurchers but I think these are probably better suited to the game and obviously are from working lines and working staffords are hard to come by I think.

Gaz

Gaz

Gaz

bud9 owns the bitch the other one is mine they are first generation and not as athletic

I saw the dog Zeus running against Lurchers at a couple of shows .... even seen him win a couple of races, not too surprised that an Alaunt Greyhound has the speed .... well done, dogs are a credit to you .... not so keen on the other dog, think its called Little'un ... most evil looking dog I have ever seen

lol it took my mate zap 3yrs to go out hunting with him he's very protective

16072009033.jpgCSC_4587.jpg

and it will be another three before i go again lol

I saw the dog Zeus running against Lurchers at a couple of shows .... even seen him win a couple of races, not too surprised that an Alaunt Greyhound has the speed .... well done, dogs are a credit to you .... not so keen on the other dog, think its called Little'un ... most evil looking dog I have ever seen

lol it took my mate zap 3yrs to go out hunting with him he's very protective

16072009033.jpgCSC_4587.jpg

and it will be another three before i go again lol

lol i thought you and him were mates now :tongue2:

alauntx 3/4gh 1/4 bull 7months old CSC_0669.jpgCSC_0670.jpgCSC_0671.jpg

heres his sister :thumbs:

dogs528.jpg

dogs525.jpg

these are old pics

Hello Bud9 is your dog out of the same line as Scotsmans and the one Anubis has? Credit to you they look very powerful, and what are they like with other dogs?

the one bud9 has is out of the same line, the one anubis has is a different line,i dare say they would love a scrap but are not allowed :thumbs: