dodgy rabbit

hi all i went out last night for a wander around a few of my permissions and managed to bag 2 rabbits when i gutted the rabbits i found that the smaller rabbit had a massive liver with white spots and the larger rabbbit had a liver that looked like a bit of cheese and was wondering if anyone could offer advise if they would be fit to eat

many thanks

lee

hi all i went out last night for a wander around a few of my permissions and managed to bag 2 rabbits when i gutted the rabbits i found that the smaller rabbit had a massive liver with white spots and the larger rabbbit had a liver that looked like a bit of cheese and was wondering if anyone could offer advise if they would be fit to eat

many thanks

lee

Hi Lee.

:no: .....leave them behind for charlie and friends.

Bill.

Highly infectious and deadly to humans if left untreated mate, if you have gutted these rabbits without wearing latex gloves you are in serious risk, get to a doctor. Mortality rate is up to 20% in humans.

I always wear surgical gloves when gutting animals whether thats in the field or on the slab at home as its better to be safe than very Ill.

Highly infectious and deadly to humans if left untreated mate, if you have gutted these rabbits without wearing latex gloves you are in serious risk, get to a doctor. Mortality rate is up to 20% in humans.

I always wear surgical gloves when gutting animals whether thats in the field or on the slab at home as its better to be safe than very Ill.

Didn't know that...... I've gutted and ate loads myself like that as well as feeding the meat to the fezzers and both myself and they are fine.....I just threw the internal organs away.

I knew its a disease caught when they're near sheep for the little I've read about it but hey ho..... Wonder if that's why I went bald???...... Lol

Darryl

P.s. I'm not saying it's safe to eat it, just that I have eaten it. Lol

Edited by Marksman

Didn't know that...... I've gutted and ate loads myself like that as well as feeding the meat to the fezzers and both myself and they are fine.....I just threw the internal organs away.

I knew its a disease caught when they're near sheep for the little I've read about it but hey ho..... Wonder if that's why I went bald???...... Lol

Big ears and scabby eyes next then

Darryl

P.s. I'm not saying it's safe to eat it, just that I have eaten it. Lol

Hi Lee

I have had a few of these recently, I have been told that it is Liver Fluke, This is a disease that is in the ground. Sheep and cows are treated for it. So the meat is safe to eat.

I leave the rabbits that have it for foxes.

Hope this helps?

Kind regards

Mark

hi , is there any more info on this to back this information up? enquiring minds like . ta

yeah i allways wear latex gloves cus i all ways got cuts an that from work never seen em with livers like that though i save em in deep freeze an make pate when i got 500 grams of em. :thumbs: