how to fix lightforce lamp

I'd be 99% sure that there will be a break in the cable where it goes into the handle, its a common fault on these lamps, just cut the piece of cable out where it goes into the handle and then re-connect it with through crimps.

Another thing to check if you still have it fitted would be the fuse in the cigar plug. :thumbs:

Edited by redcharge

hi does any body no how to fix a striker lightforce, im sure its the butten cause ive tested my battery and changed bulb. does any one no any one that fixes them :thumbs:

had loads of trouble with mine over the years, ok chances are is that the wire is snapped inside the cable there for you wont be able to see it. To test the swith all you need to do is disconnect the battery and put a continuity tester on either end of the wire then press the swith on and of, if your switch is ok you will get continuity on your tester. If your switch feels normal (not stiff or different) ill put money on it being a break in the wire, most of the breaks iv had have been less than 3 inches up from the battery terminals or down from the lamp handle. If you need any more help pm me :thumbs:

hello pal iv had a few problems with these lamps just try to take it apart look for loose connections if no loose connections or snapped wires try stripping a length of your wire back to see if the copper wire is black inside this happened to me twice where the wire was black inside and the lamp wouldnt work i tried everything i bought new bulbs new switches and they still wouldnt work so i stripped a little bit of wire back and noticed it was black so i changed the cable and it worked took me ages to figure it out though.good luck fixing it. :thumbs:

I'd be 99% sure that there will be a break in the cable where it goes into the handle, its a common fault on these lamps, just cut the piece of cable out where it goes into the handle and then re-connect it with through crimps.

Another thing to check if you still have it fitted would be the fuse in the cigar plug. :thumbs:

im with you on that had the same prob with my own one 9times out of 10 it will be a break just going into the lamp handle..I wouldnt crimp it though its just one more connection to worry about plus by the time ud have it crimped ud hav the cable cut before the break and rewired into the switch.if you wanted to go crimping id crimp the cable to the battery and stick two bolts through it to hold it in then fannys ur aunt atb :thumbs:

Edited by munster man

cheers lads am greatfull off all the help some good advise and it seems thats a main problem with them.

i just hope its that what use guys ov said or lukes like guna av to dig into pocket again.

Hope its the wires guys

Tell me about it mate, but hey ive got it fixed was well buzzing last nty.

Went round to one of pals house round corner frm me last nyt, my mates a jack of all trades.

But i totaly forgot that he did an electrcian course, and after a fuw beers he told me to bring it obvuisly i didnt say no, i was round geting it like a flash haha.

He put is tester on it and everything was saying it was fine, so he said only thing that it could be that he didnt test was the button,

WAT A POO DESIGN IF WANT TO CHANGE THE BUTTON :thumbdown:

he managed to free the button wat a pain it was then he rewired it all back thruw with new juntion boxes. and popped the button back thruw, i did my part and tryed to grip the button with some long nose plyerz. Then boom working again,any body had the same promlem bout that fxxxxn button cause thats a poo design for the price off those things.

Tell me about it mate, but hey ive got it fixed was well buzzing last nty.

Went round to one of pals house round corner frm me last nyt, my mates a jack of all trades.

But i totaly forgot that he did an electrcian course, and after a fuw beers he told me to bring it obvuisly i didnt say no, i was round geting it like a flash haha.

He put is tester on it and everything was saying it was fine, so he said only thing that it could be that he didnt test was the button,

WAT A POO DESIGN IF WANT TO CHANGE THE BUTTON :thumbdown:

he managed to free the button wat a pain it was then he rewired it all back thruw with new juntion boxes. and popped the button back thruw, i did my part and tryed to grip the button with some long nose plyerz. Then boom working again,any body had the same promlem bout that fxxxxn button cause thats a poo design for the price off those things.

yes iv had problems with the buttons sticking in so the lamp wont go off had it happen on a few lamps shit design :thumbdown:

Trust me it will not be the only problem you have with it....between fuses blowing, bulbs, dimmer switches failing, buttons and wires that are not capable of carrying that current they all just seem to go one after another no matter how good care you take of it!!!

Definatley only made to last couple of years before problems occur,if it makes it that long!

I have mine stripped right back, like the good ol'days...no fuses light straight to battery and havnt had a problem since!