Best Dry Food For Pup

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

wondering what is the best dry food for pups as i wont be able to feed him on raw every day of the week

whats the best and how many times a week would you recomend feeding them on raw ect

cheers

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Man; I've just come in here and found this Post way back on page three or four. So far not even forty people have opened it. I suspect that's because they read the title, thought, " Best Dried Shit to Start A Pup? No Such Thing! " And went on their way. I'd subscribe to that point of view also. It's like seeing a Post asking for a fully trained lurcher. 'Must do everything. Cheap or Free'. It cried out; Corner Cutting!

The bit about not being able to feed it raw every day made me start this response. I'm intrigued. Why Not? I feed mine raw every day of their lives. I come through the door and lock them all in here. Grab four bowls and put them on the floor. Open the fridge and haul out a pile of meat and bones. Dole this into the bowls. Open this door. Fed Dogs. Why would I not be able to do that, yet open a greasy sack of carcinogenic shit and pour That into those bowls?

Ah. I have my own answer. Of course. I Love my Dogs. So I don't feed them shit. I feed them right. I'd like a world of Dogs around me too. But I only have the resources, financial as well as cronological, to care for this four or so. Thus I don't have more Dogs. More than I can care for well.

If ye can't care for a Dog without looking for short cuts and get out and way arounds to it's most basic and fundamental needs; Is it really in Anyones best interests that ye Get one? Ye've stated ye can't, practically and realisticly speaking, do what's best for that Dog. Now ye asking us for excuses. That's what's happening here.

Please don't take this as 'getting at ye'. It's written in a completely neutral tone. I'm simply questioning you and asking that ye question yeself. Why?

wondering what is the best dry food for pups as i wont be able to feed him on raw every day of the week

whats the best and how many times a week would you recomend feeding them on raw ect

cheers

if you have to feed dry aim for one that has meat as its primary ingredient they want be cheap around £40.00 a bag

IMO cheaper and better to feed raw go to aldi and buy some lamb/beef mince and beg some bones of your butcher

cheers

if you have to feed dry aim for one that has meat as its primary ingredient they want be cheap around £40.00 a bag

IMO cheaper and better to feed raw go to aldi and buy some lamb/beef mince and beg some bones of your butcher

:yes: But, if stuck and you still want to feed dry :blink: , then see link below for pup.

http://www.royalcanin.uk.com/default.aspx?page=98

It is better to feed raw most of the time, but everyone will have different opions and this can get confusing at times. :blink:

Someone once told me, going by your own instinct, might make a difference. ;)

Frank.

I used to have access to ofal from a chicken factory and used to feed raw chichen legs etc but I cant get it from the person who I got it from as he died a couple of years back.

Now I feed my lurcher on Beta active dry food and I mix it with a tin of dog meat and my lurcher seems healthy enough on it.

It cost's me £20 a bag and it lasts a fair while.

I used to have access to ofal from a chicken factory and used to feed raw chichen legs etc but I cant get it from the person who I got it from as he died a couple of years back.

Now I feed my lurcher on Beta active dry food and I mix it with a tin of dog meat and my lurcher seems healthy enough on it.

Why do you mix it with tinned dog meat?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Interesytingly, I inadvertantly gained proof positive of that 'legend' too, Tote. I used to feed my magpie Call Bird on Pedigree Chum. He died. Maybe not surprisingly, in retrospect. But then I left half a tin of the stuff just standing around. Sort of forgot about it.

Month or two later I thought to do something with it. Looked into the tin and guess what? Few rock hard pellets is all that's left in the bottom! Water had all eveporated away leaving ...... well ... rocks! :icon_eek:

But then, most of the guys I knew fed their Bull 'n Terriers dry food. As I did mine. They all died, riddled with cancer, by about eight years old. Lose a Dog ye love dearly that way? Tends towards the formation of strong views against the feeding of that shit.

Never Again!

Personally I use dry food plus scraps. I can't be arsed buying raw-too messy. I don't go along with the view that i am somehow an uncaring owner. These dog food companies have worked out exactly what the dog requires in its diet and it's there for you dry, complete, no mess. There is absolutely no evidence dogs don't live a full and healthy life when fed on 'complete' dry food. My dog works and looks very well on it. Feck me I've heard guys going on about feeding their dogs beef, lamb etc and their own bodies are fat,often obese. They often let their children eat a junk food diet and they end up the same way. Dry food is scientifically balanced. There's nowt wrong with it.World hunter just go for a puppy food with a high protein content. When the pup has completed its growing it can go on an ordinary working dog mix.

Edited by bezza

Why do you mix it with tinned dog meat?

I leave dry food out all the time then feed a tin of meat when I get home from work every day. Not sure why if I am honest. Just alway's done it when I didn't have the chicken.

Supose it stems back to living at home. My parents used to feed a tin of dog food with a mixer to our pet dogs when we were growing up.

Do you think it's bad for the dog?

Interesytingly, I inadvertantly gained proof positive of that 'legend' too, Tote. I used to feed my magpie Call Bird on Pedigree Chum. He died. Maybe not surprisingly, in retrospect. But then I left half a tin of the stuff just standing around. Sort of forgot about it.

Month or two later I thought to do something with it. Looked into the tin and guess what? Few rock hard pellets is all that's left in the bottom! Water had all eveporated away leaving ...... well ... rocks! :icon_eek:

But then, most of the guys I knew fed their Bull 'n Terriers dry food. As I did mine. They all died, riddled with cancer, by about eight years old. Lose a Dog ye love dearly that way? Tends towards the formation of strong views against the feeding of that shit.

Never Again!

yes ditch you have a good point there but its all good for you to come in here and say oh dried food is shit! but when its all you can afford its hell of alot better than nothing! :yes: ! sure world hunters what did you feed that alsation of yours while it was growing up and what do you feed it now? :hmm:

got to agree with this post :clapper::clapper:

Got to say that dry food costs me about £20 a bag and raw food costs me nothing. Shop around...butchers are only too happy to give it away. I ended up getting an extra freezer to keep all the free gear the butchers gave me and I still regularly have to give chicken carcasses, lamb spine/ribs away as I don't have the room.