Best Dry Food For Pup

Guest world.hunters

I feed my pups chudleys puppy for the first few weeks until they are about four months. Then they get the same as all my other dogs offal (usually deer). I boil up all the offal then soak chudleys working crunch (£11.50 for 15kgs). I also put flaked maize in with the buiscuts it bulks it up and gives lots of carbohydrate for when the dogs working hard. when offal is scarce the dogs just get working crunch soaked in water with flaked maize. Is also good to give the dogs dry buiscuts or bones once a week to keep thier teeth clean.

This is the way i feed my 9 dogs im not saying its the best but my dogs thrive on it. its only my opinion. I worked my spaniel all season at the pheasants and people kept asking me what i fed him becase he never lost condition the whole season. My lurcher pup and little black bitch are thriveing on the stuff to.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: That's the attitude! 'I can't actually afford to keep an animal. But f*ck all that; I'll just go out and get one anyway. Then it can eat what ever shit I feel I can spare to give it.'

I'm f*cking speechless!

You guys just carry on. If ye can come out with 'excuses' like that, there's really no point in inviting discussion of the subject. Bye, bye.

we fed bakers puppy up to 12weeks plus butchers pet mince only 26p per lb then carried on with pet mince and skinners puppy weaned off then know feed skinners crunchy plus pet mince dried cost £14 99 per 15kg bag it last a month and the pet mince around £10 thats to feed 2 over24" lurchers, 2 whippets and 2 borders all working not bad price

Guest world.hunters

if raw 7 days a week is best option then that is what ill feed my pup

cost is not a question.

i want the best for my pup

what about supplements and vitamins ect should i buy anythink to help that little more or is there more then enough from the raw

cheers

Asda 20 chiken wings £1.20, split into 4 portions=30p a portion

Asda tin of brand name dog meat 50p

Also cheap at supermarkets neck of lamb 60p for a good feed, turkey legs £1 for a mega feed.

Liver,kidney etc,pennies,once a week though.

My local butcher,pay a bit more for all my families meat needs,get his off-cuts and bones,feckin amazin what they'll give you.

Did i mention rabbit.

Each to thier own guys but from now on its raw for my dog.

my dad half-fills 2 buckets with dry food (dr. john's maintenance usually) and tops up with hot water at about 5 every night. when the family have had dinner (at 6) all the scraps get chucked in. 7 he goes up & feeds the dogs. the working dogs in the kennels get that every night, plus rabbits when he's run the dogs, or been shooting. his 25 ferrets get the same. the dogs also get bones from the butchers once a week. my bro runs chicken sheds, but won't give the dead birds to the dogs because of all the shit in them! bro's little terrier x gets the soaked food, but no rabbit. he's 18 & still going strong (i'll post some pics of him when i can get some, but he's terrified of cameras - we only have 5 photos of him!).

mum fed her bedlington/whippet x greyhound on best mince when she was a pup, worked til she was 15, lived to the ripe-old age of 20!

my boy has gilpa supa-value mix at a tenner a sack, free-fed. he eats half a bowl during the day, polishes off the rest when i get home from work. he has bones from the butcher once a week, all the roadkill rabbits i find (skinned, he won't pull them apart with fur on), plus all the bits of roadkill deer i don't eat. he also gets meat scraps that my landlord saves for him. and the odd deep-fried "postman's leg" from the petshop. not a bit of muck on his teeth, no "dog breath". he's only ever had the runs twice, first time he polished off a bag of healthfood shop muesli while i was at work :stinker: , and second time when he found where i'd hidden all the cat worming tablets... :icon_eek:

it's all down to personal choice. i like my boy to get quite a variety of grub. if i get a pup, it'll get raw, then move onto dry food.