the law, have they got me?

they charged you knowing fully well that it will get chucked out of court, but they do this just too show people that there cracking down, and this gets added to the statistic number so it looks like there doing some thing about it. there just usingyou as an escape goat as there too lasy to catch people red handed , you were an easy target they took advantage of - low lifers :thumbdown:

:piggy: little piggies :piggy:

scum :hunter:

Edited by highdanzil

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate they can not charge you for poaching if you are being honest and you were on a public road, with no game etc, and the dogs were in the motor. If i was you i would pursue it, as your being wronged

The charge is 'poaching' (was that the actual recorded crime) yet you were all in the car, as were the dogs I assume?   If that's the truth, the whole truth and nuttin but the truth, it'll get lau

Prosecutor Fiscal   You can NOT be charged for having the equipment in your vehicle when it is legitimate to control rabbits AND you've already said you have written permission that you were returni

got there today at court, waited around, received my statement, from the officer, OH MY GOD, WHAT A LOAD OF BULL S@?T!! The fibbin little piggy as made up all kinds of crap, sayin we left the vehicle, went into a field, and that we said things we didnt, total loss of all respect for the law its a fookin joke, pleaded not guilty and have to attend a trial in june, there was two lads there today, been stopped by the same officer, in the same place, and low and behold, their statements were up the wall aswell, dont know how they got on i left them my number to find out, reckons he was sittin there with a monocular watchin us. hes probably get better equipment by now with all the fines hes coining in. nasty :piggy:

............................................................................................ :hunter:

Edited by highdanzil

On they way home after a rabbiting mission on permission in southport, we were driving through altcar, having a look at the fields with the lamp. we never left the vehicle or entered any fields ;) . As we were leaving altcar we were stopped by lancashire police, who proceeded to confiscate our lamp and summoned us to court on the 3rd of may. Surely we cannot be prosecuted for shining a light from a vehicle on a public road?? :wallbash:

It will all come down to the police report,As it often dose.:wallbash:

got there today at court, waited around, received my statement, from the officer, OH MY GOD, WHAT A LOAD OF BULL S@?T!! The fibbin little piggy as made up all kinds of crap, sayin we left the vehicle, went into a field, and that we said things we didnt, total loss of all respect for the law its a fookin joke, pleaded not guilty and have to attend a trial in june, there was two lads there today, been stopped by the same officer, in the same place, and low and behold, their statements were up the wall aswell, dont know how they got on i left them my number to find out, reckons he was sittin there with a monocular watchin us. hes probably get better equipment by now with all the fines hes coining in. nasty :piggy:

............................................................................................ :hunter:

Where you interviewed at a police station? if so do you have a copy of the interview on tape? GET A SOLICITOR dont try and go solo if pleading not guilty!

ALRIGHT MATE.

ID SAY YOUR FECKED.

THEY,LL BUST YOU FOR BEING AQUIPPED.

:thumbdown: TOSSERS.

Being equipped for what? Catching rabbits which he has permission for! :blink:

Unless I've missed something the guy is driving along with two dogs and a couple lamps and various other persons in the car, on return from his permission with no game or rabbits or anything more incriminating in the car; it has to get laughed out of court... unless there is more to this. :whistling:

alright pal .

why did they get stopped.

blasting lamps looking for goodies thsts why

There was a copper round here that had a thing in the paper to phone his police mobile if anyone saw anybody in this town with lurchers . And he would right bullshit to get you done get other coppers to lie for him get you done then take you in back of van give you a kickin or if he ever saw you drinking do you in then get you done for d and d police assault resisting arrest if they wanna be they can be total to$$?®$

i ask only because under the poaching act shining a spot light or lamp on land you do not have permission on is classed illegal also hunting from a moving vehicle is also under the poaching act,the law stinks but check it out on wiki mate.

ok here we go 14th November, was searched under section 2 of the poaching prevention act 1862, were found in possession or articles, namely two lurcher type dogs with a handlamp and battery pack, which you had used for unlawfully killing or taking game, contrary to section 2 of the poaching prevention act 1862,

To charge you with this you must have been in possession of dead game or been caught red handed in a field slipping the dogs,if you were coming back from permission as you said then you were lawfully equipped and there is no problem, me thinks you are not telling the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!!:whistling:

alright pal .

why did they get stopped.

blasting lamps looking for goodies thsts why

That's the point; it'll get laughed out as there is no evidence (that's assuming that shining a lamp into a field from a stationary car is against the law)!

......you are aware that if you plead not guilty and the judge finds you guilty the punishments are harsher? I assume that the judge would accept the police officers statement over yours.....maybe you should speak to your solicitor to confirm this and at least have a chat about a plea bargain. The justice system of today is an utter shambles but that is the way it is so you will have to take a gamble if you have plead not guilty.....just chat to you solicitor first and weigh up the possible outcomes. Good luck.

Mate IF your telling the truth , DON,T plead guilty and DON,T let any lazy duty solicitor talk you into it , do some homework on the copper , about his own personal involvment in the shoot/area , compare notes with the other lads , and make sure your solicitor is aware of them , get them to see him ,what they say could be useful , DON,t rely on good old british justice , BE PROACTIVE , don,t sit back and moan aboutnot getting justice , FIGHT until you get it , good luck

Is this no the 3rd time for the same topic?

What was the charges, you never say, if you are in court you will have a charge, so spill it, unless you are not telling the whole story.

In which case, quit harping on about it.

there charging me for poaching, the officer said they were taking action to stop game keepers pushing people into ditches, as there had been complaints. I was after knowledge of any one who had been charged for a similar scenario, not smart arse remarks.

i was questioned at the side of the road over a similar thing , mine just got n.f.a and my lamp back.

My personal reason for this would be, AND IM NO EXPERT ITS JUST MY OPINION, if you car was stationary when the lamp was being shone then id assume your ok, if the car was moving if could be wreckless driving even if you are not the one with the lamp, it could restrict vision for oncoming traffic, and if you were stationary and you has dogs and lamp which suspects poaching, prove to the cops you have previously been on a permission clearing vermin and if you were on your way there tell them where your permission is to prove you were on route to it, give them the landowners details to confirm this,

unless your were poaching then youd deserve what come ;)