tika t3 light stainliss 1 in 8 twist omg what ammo

right lads i have a tika t3 light stainliss 1 in 8 twis now my problem is ammo i have tryed 50 - 55- and 75 grain ammo and have had crap results .

at 100 yards 6-8 inch groupings so what i want to know is any one out their with the same gun what amm are u using to get good results .

fk me i have spent the price if the gun on ammo now and no better off

I haven't got one myself but had been speaking to people who do 2 weeks ago. Trying to remember what they said. I think you may be better with lighter bullets. I spoke to one guy who said his was bullet on bullet with 55 grain anything larger and it just doesn't suit the barrel twist.You may be better trying lighter bullets but I am surprised that you struggle with 55 grainers.

Hope I remembered that correct. If not someone will come and correct me. Reason I have been looking into this is because I am looking for a 223.

You have check the obvious? cleaning the barrel, mod is on tight, scope isn't buggered. IMy mod comes loose on my 22 regularly and I have to remember to check it.

T'other way round. Faster twist to stabilise longer, ie heavier, bullets. It's the sectional density that matters, the ratio between weight and cross-sectional area. I would have expected your 1:8 to be ok with 75gr TBH

Ric

T'other way round. Faster twist to stabilise longer, ie heavier, bullets. It's the sectional density that matters, the ratio between weight and cross-sectional area. I would have expected your 1:8 to be ok with 75gr TBH

Ric

Thats right Ric i have a tikka t3 varmint 1 in 12 twist and it loves 55grain Hornady a 1 in 8 twist should stabilise heavier rounds

hi is the rifle new. if not how is the crown on it. i know not all factory ammo suites all rifles but i would expect much better groups then that even with the worst factory ammo ! sounjds like there could be a problem with te rifle.

also when you try the ammo what do you rest on bipod,bag, are you on a bench or on the floor ?

Hi i've got the same gun in 22-250 and it should handle 50 to 85 plus no problem i suspect you have a problem with the gun and as said by others get the crown checked out and try it with no can on to see if its catching hope this helps

good luck hope you get it sorted :thumbs::thumbs:

right lads i have a tika t3 light stainliss 1 in 8 twis now my problem is ammo i have tryed 50 - 55- and 75 grain ammo and have had crap results .

at 100 yards 6-8 inch groupings so what i want to know is any one out their with the same gun what amm are u using to get good results .

fk me i have spent the price if the gun on ammo now and no better off

right the scope mounts are perfect and had the crown checked it is fine .

i am resting on bipod ..

had a chat with a good frind of mine and he thold me a few years bk he had the same gun and after trying every ammo out their he started on reloads and the verry best he could get was 2 inch group at 100 yards.

arrrrrrrr i want a 1 inch group so i will persaveer with it ..

will try sum mor stuff tommrow

Sounds stupid but what size bipod is it and have you tried shooting on it's shortest setting? Better still have you tried shooting off a sandbag so you can wedge the rifle solid?

Right it is a 9x13 I checked the bipod today and the swivel bolt came loos so I will try it off a sand bag and then bipod so hope this is theproblem

hi with a 1-8 twist you should be able to shoot 55s to 80s easy and accurately...if you are resting on a fixted surface then i would say that is your problem but you are on a bipod so should be know problem have you checked the stock fixings for security if every thing is tight and how it should be then look at your scope there could be a problem with it...lastly and i mean this in the best possible way it could be YOU set up right a .22lr will shoot 1" at 100 yrds as my CZ 452 does when you have eliminated every thng on your gun the only problem can be the organic bit behind the trigger... some people can pick up a guitar and play it straight of some people take years to master it and it is no different with a rifle some can shoot 1 many can not.

paul

My .223 T3 Lite Stainless is 1-8.

I got it new about 5 years back and the barrel is now 19" and has a P8 Compact fitted.

It fires EVERYTHING from 40-75g.

It favours the mid area, 55-62 which are just easy, but I genuinely get first rate results with the other weights listed.

Think of the barrel and its condition as much, if not more, than the ammo!

If mine can do it why can't yours? :hmm::hmm:

• Like 1