YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

Idea number 2, get some of Zinis DVDs in on sale or return, sure the chap would let you have a few of each, perhaps have a little DVD player and portable telly in the shop playing one, keep the interest in hunting up, increase Zinis DVD sales and give you summat to look at when it gets a bit slow!

Edited by secretagentmole

scews

a good selection of pellets

weaver rail adapters and rails

side wheels cut or uncut

access to engineers

shooting sticks bipods etc

varying stocks to look at

range finders with actual info

the biggy is knowladge.

decoys for under 2 quid? hellll... under a quid a meazly shell would nice lol, its only a small amount of plastic formed with no special machernery lolol.

Hi Andy.

I've been off-line a few days and just catching up. Really, everyone here has put you up a decent list of things to stock-up with but, I would say, if you could offer a really top notch air rifle gunsmithing repair and servicing "service", that would be worth it's weight in gold as, a lot of lads would need such services at some point. Not everyone has the know-how or the tools to perform their own repairs AND I can't think of a better way to get word of mouth working for you, than to be a place where the gun comes back good as new or better, and at reasonable cost. What about offering a service discount to a local air rifle, or indeed, any gun club in you area?

That will bring in a lot of repeat business and sales of kit and keep you turning over. You'll get no end of trade for pellets, scopes, slings, deeks, mounts, lubes, stock oils, all the little things that make up the "Bread and Butter" of your day-to-day business

You won't be selling a rifle or more everyday my friend, even in better economic times. But your annual turnover on new rifle sales can be really healthy, with a regular and frequent repeating through-trade in the accessories and bit's and bobs department.

I'm in total agreement with Gary and Darryl. Get the RFD/Legal side sorted and understood as soon as you can mate, but, I don't see you going far wrong in this business; even if the state of the economy is pants for most of us!

All the best for your new venture Andy.

Simon

Edited by pianoman

A Few more thoughts

Associate of Pax Guns many years and often cover Shop Managers on Off Day's

Re Stock be careful of items sold on Ebay - as often sold less than you can buy

or worth selling for

Especially Scopes as so many around - a Lesson that Chris retail manager has learn't over the years - Especailly as the often update range

Issues with Accepting others sales - Carriage cost a fortune and often buyers expect

Accepting Dealers to return faulty damaged goods

As selling dealer is first point of Call

As with pellets - which seem to rise with each New Delivery and with a growing range keep to ones you have customers for

Again issues over batches

Small might to easy but it's the Big Dealers that have to Space and Stock you can only dream of

And the nightmares -

Best of Luck -

But I am with the one that Escaped - He knows what he is doing these Day's

BOB/R