stud fee how do they work in your eyes?

Stick to between mates.... No fee... Pup if you need one...there shouldn't be any surplus pups left if the dog and bitch are right...If only one pup, your mates will understand and give to the one who really needs it... Or if you need it yourself keep it.

It only gets complicated when money is involved !

:thumbs:

Personally if it was my bitch i'd rather pay a stud fee than agree to handing over the 'pick of litter'as i did this once,giving up my 1st choice only for the owner of the stud to sell on the pup within a few days :censored: On the other hand when someones used my dog on a bitch i've never charged as i wouldn't let them mate a bitch that i didn't want a pup from anyway..But also would never insist on pick of litter as hopefully the owner of the bitch was breeding for themselves not ££££

What billy says is true,and if you give a stranger a service and the litter come no good well its the dog that will be at fault regardles whether the bitch was any good to start with.They will also bad mouth you and your dog to all in their circle and outside it because they will never say the pups took after the bitch.The best thing to do is keep it among the lads you dig with then you know whats what and only breed when needs must.jmo.

I always thought the traditional fee was pick of the litter or the equivalent cash price of a single pup... :yes: That's the way I'd want to do it if I ever bred. :thumbs:

Malt thats how its done imo. I've done every deal possible and I'm not afraid to drop some coins or drive 24hrs round trip strait on a good dog. Thats how better dogs are made. But one thing I do is I'm up front with Stud's owner on the deal and seal it with a hand shake, NEVER NEVER leave with the bitch with out the details straighten out. That is the quickest way lose a friend or jam yourself up.

id take pick of the litter but i take £50 down when they tie and then when you go for the pup give the £50 back.

this way if its someone you dont 100% trust / know then atleast you've had something.

also you cant class a bitch having 1 or 2 pups as a litter.

id say she would have to have atleast 3 pups before i decide to take pick of the litter £50 if more then a fair price.

never no more then £100. :thumbs:

I think that's a bad way to look at it, to me 'being trustworthy' is the main attribute of a good dog man. If I had a dog worthy of being used at stud I'd only let lads I trusted use it and the bitch would have to be good in my eyes, because different people have different standards.

• Like 1
Guest dee mac

Personally if it was my bitch i'd rather pay a stud fee than agree to handing over the 'pick of litter'as i did this once,giving up my 1st choice only for the owner of the stud to sell on the pup within a few days :censored: On the other hand when someones used my dog on a bitch i've never charged as i wouldn't let them mate a bitch that i didn't want a pup from anyway..But also would never insist on pick of litter as hopefully the owner of the bitch was breeding for themselves not ££££

exactly a pup for the service but after all the owner of the bitch does all the work and jabs them so second pick is only fair in my eyes
  • Like 1

I always thought the traditional fee was pick of the litter or the equivalent cash price of a single pup... :yes: That's the way I'd want to do it if I ever bred. :thumbs:

same here

if its people i know ill let my dog cover and they usually pay when the pups are born, if i dont know them its 200 quid straight up, if they dont wanna pay then thats there problem :tongue2:

same here

if its people i know ill let my dog cover and they usually pay when the pups are born, if i dont know them its 200 quid straight up, if they dont wanna pay then thats there problem :tongue2: