Mag boxes

they are brilliant and help a dog no end watch how your dog runs to get in it my greyhounds rush and try to get in it all at once. and they certainly help to sort out any knocks strains or bunmps wouldnt be without mine .

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can do as many searches on the net as you want fieldsman and read whatever you want to help you come to your conclusions which seems to be that mag boxes do not work. I on the other hand have gain

trust me i got the mag hound+spire when you use for treatin your self and it works theres no delt plus when ya mates av used it on there self and end up buyin them it says somethink. i use mine on

they are brilliant and help a dog no end watch how your dog runs to get in it my greyhounds rush and try to get in it all at once. and they certainly help to sort out any knocks strains or bunmps woul

Just because someone writes something on the WWW don't make it real ;)

As I said it was a study .It was conducted by a professor of medicine on behalf of the government to see if people were being ripped off not his exact words but you get the jist.Not just someone spouting on the web the results were conclusive it made no difference hence the ban on advertising in America this is FACT .I read the case study I,m sure if you look hard enough you will find it also .I presume you bought one.The only facts that came from the study were if at the same time as being in one of the boxes and given calcium supplements it appeared that breaks mended marginally quicker but on other injuries it was proved a placebo worked just as well this as I said a study that was put into law not just gossip.I will now use crystals as I found when I shuv one up his arse he runs faster and for longer just his recall now.

I trained greyhounds for years fieldsman and in that time have taken injured dogs to some of the best greyhound vets in the land, the likes of Dennis Beary, Allesandro Piras, Plunkett Devlin etc. When they located the injury they would then treat it and tell you how to continue the treatment and one of the first questions they asked was do you have an ultrasound machine or a portamag? Now if the best greyhound vets in the land are advocating the use of a portamag that's good enough for me, I'd hazard a guess that they'll have seen and treated more injuries than some professor of medicine.

There is no doubt in my mind that using a portamag helps speed up the healing process, I have came to that conclussion after having treated more than enough dogs over the years not from reading some paper that no doubt contained what the goverment that asked for it to be written wanted.

the fact you give names as a reason for mag boxes working has no bearing on them working or not, every one that has paid for one says they work ,lets face it no one wants to admit they have wasted £400 I,m not against them working quite the opposite I wanted some thing for a dog that had a reoccurring shoulder injury that kept one of my dogs out for the last season having taken him to a well known greyhound man near Peterborough who told me it was caused by a back and shoulder muscle problem I had my doubts but went along with the suggested treatment plan which lets face it seems to be pretty much the same for all pulls strains and bumps .After 8 weeks rest a lot of massaging I began gentle exercise that included swimming steady walks building in time, length,and slowly built to a slow jog over the course of a month so after 3 months he was slowly jogging for 5 mins walking for 5 and so on for 20 mins 3 times a day but after 2 weeks of the 3 times a day routine a slight limp again appeared I took him again to d..k.y who told me more of the same.After this visit I took the dog to a vet and paid for a proper investigation scans etc.The results of which were moderately damaged tendons nothing at all to do with his back I,m not knocking the greyhound man but he was wrong.In the course of this happening I spoke to a few lads with boxes who swore by them so I looked into the effects of electro magnetic pulse treatment and the benefits ,or not as the case my be, there were and are thousands of pages of information on this treatment an because of the way I keep and treat my dog I was willing to give anything ago .The dog with the problem is worth the price of ten mag boxes so anything was worth a try.after reading god knows how many sites on the subject all may I add published by the makers of each life changing devise sorry should,nt be catty and lower the tone .But I then came across a few sites that to say the least were not as flattering one was a study in the seventies that in blind tests showed at first there were slight benefits but after it came to light that the results were not a true reflection the positive results came about because some of the participants knew that they were receiving magnetic treatment so the results were flawed.other tests were carried out by the US government who I for the life of me can not see what they had to gain regardless of the results as part of consumer research to stop consumers being ripped off or misled through false advertising making claims that had no bases in fact the results again based on FACT were that there was,nt any proof that magnetic treatment worked. If it could be proven that it did work considering the amount of money involved in this type of treatment it was quoted as being able to turn over billions a year do you not think some one would have challenged the findings. Before any one says the amount of money spent on this treatment speaks for its self look at religion it raises a lot of money again no proof .I am not looking for an argument just stating the facts as they are .This only came about because I wanted it to be a proven treatment it is not .My dog got better because I prayed and it worked just joking but you can not prove something is just because you can,t prove it isnt

You can do as many searches on the net as you want fieldsman and read whatever you want to help you come to your conclusions which seems to be that mag boxes do not work. I on the other hand have gained my findings from the actuall experience of using a portamag.Can I ask you how long you you've been using a portamag?

In your first post you said "I look forward to hearing your opinions", seems to me that it doesn't matter what anyone says, "they don't work" end of.

• Like 2

Fieldsman. My box cost me £50, about the same as a night on the tiles for most folk. So the price of the box has nothing at all to do with my opinion.

I am neither a fool or a liar, and am usually sceptical regarding 'new things' and like you if i thought they did not work i would also argue against them...BUT my arguments would be on information from actually using one, not reading about it.

My findings were, the Mag box certainly did aid recovery, from skin tears/bites to muscular problems. They are not a miracle cure for all and sundry, will do no more for an injured dog than proper (and i mean proper) rest, in comfortable surroundings, with a good diet prior to and during recovery will do, but it will greatly speed up the process. It does this through the increase of blood flow. As blood is the main motorway through the body it stands to reason it would work. Unless you can find some info on your PC to say Blood has nothing at all to do with the healing :D

One thing i have noticed on this forum, the amount of people who will slate something they have never used, the treadmill is another example, and it is usually the things which cost a fair bit of money. Perhaps it is to justify to themselves why they need not put their hand in their pocket for just a dog, or perhaps jealousy because they cannot afford it

they are brilliant and help a dog no end watch how your dog runs to get in it my greyhounds rush and try to get in it all at once. and they certainly help to sort out any knocks strains or bunmps wouldnt be without mine .

dead right there

For a start if I thought they worked or better still if some one could offer real proof money would not be a problem as I,v said if any one could prove they worked I would not hesitate to buy one but all I,m getting is for some strange reason is hostility if you listen to a priest he will tell you god is real that does,nt make it so .If you are so confidant it,s effects are real go advertise in the US and tell them they are wrong after all they have only run tests to see if it works I,m sure they spent time and money for no reason.As I,v already stated I was not slating them just stating factual test results one of the things in the test was that they have no effect on blood flow at all as there is so little magnetic material in blood it was imposable to have any effect on it it would have the same effect on tap water ,as I said I,m not after an argument just facts ,I also own a tread mill but rarely use it as I get of my arse and run my dogs fit .I,m not someone who has just got a few dogs in the last few years I,v had running dogs for 30 years and the people that run ,know ,hunt with me know that I know my stuff I have nothing to prove to anybody .When someone tells me something is such I expect there to be some proof of it. Iam not slating any thing and I have no bee in my bonnet it seems that is yourselves.The only conclusion I can come to is that those that have mag boxes become irate when they cannot offer real proof of there worth.The only thing I seem to get is assumptions that I can not afford one or I no nothing because I dont own one .I have a few mates that do own them and after running with them day and night I can truthfully say that if the dogs I was running with had had there performance enhanced by using them it was,nt significant enough to be able to tell which dog had been in a mag box and which had,nt.Just because I can I will go and buy one .The only difference being I will give A truthful account of the effects good or bad .I can,t believe I.v been talked no no bullied into getting something that has no proof of effect in working just to prove a point .I WILL ALSO ADD that the few lads that I have run with have said they cannot provide any thing truthful about recovery times etc they bought one because someone they know someone that had one and they did,nt want to miss out or fall behind .So at the end and I hope that those of you who argue the toss have enough intelligence to realize that this was just a fact finding post will see that this is the end of a discussion that none of you could provide any proof of your side of ,JUST JESTING .I HAVE FOR SALE PEBBLES THAT MAKE YOUR DOG RUN FASTER FOR LONGER AND MAKE HIM HER MORE EFFICIENT IN THEIR WORK.Lets see who bites only the IQ challenged.

Edited by fieldsman

dont p.m about it cause I wouldnt wish the messers on here on anyone but ...

I was offered one today second hand but almost new from a greyhound man who packed in, and all the lads I rung wouldnt have anything to do with it, some said it weakend dogs when used. others said they had one before and got rid cause a warm bed and rest does the same thing.

I think a lot is the power of the mind, the placebo affect at the end of the day can you say 100% the dog wouldnt have come good with out it?

No not you cant for sure.

dont p.m about it cause I wouldnt wish the messers on here on anyone but ...

I was offered one today second hand but almost new from a greyhound man who packed in, and all the lads I rung wouldnt have anything to do with it, some said it weakend dogs when used. others said they had one before and got rid cause a warm bed and rest does the same thing.

I think a lot is the power of the mind, the placebo affect at the end of the day can you say 100% the dog wouldnt have come good with out it?

No not you cant for sure.

Exactly what I have been saying all along the fact you cannot say in an advert that they work speaks volumes end of. Now you have said it may have negative effects I,l not bother.My dogs are shit as it is without making them worse.

Fieldsman. My box cost me £50, about the same as a night on the tiles for most folk. So the price of the box has nothing at all to do with my opinion.

I am neither a fool or a liar, and am usually sceptical regarding 'new things' and like you if i thought they did not work i would also argue against them...BUT my arguments would be on information from actually using one, not reading about it.

My findings were, the Mag box certainly did aid recovery, from skin tears/bites to muscular problems. They are not a miracle cure for all and sundry, will do no more for an injured dog than proper (and i mean proper) rest, in comfortable surroundings, with a good diet prior to and during recovery will do, but it will greatly speed up the process. It does this through the increase of blood flow. As blood is the main motorway through the body it stands to reason it would work. Unless you can find some info on your PC to say Blood has nothing at all to do with the healing :D

One thing i have noticed on this forum, the amount of people who will slate something they have never used, the treadmill is another example, and it is usually the things which cost a fair bit of money. Perhaps it is to justify to themselves why they need not put their hand in their pocket for just a dog, or perhaps jealousy because they cannot afford it

If all you spend on a night out is 50 what do you do after 9 oclock I get through at least 200 on a good night prob depends on how many friends you have just joking before you choke again