Blue Lakelands??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think hes onabout black an tan lakelands that have a lighter coat not as dark black. they look more grey/blue(blue an tan)

Blue Lakelands sounds like a dog dealers wet dream. FTB

theres no difference to be honest just a slighty lighter black an tan thats all they are, the black an tan dog i got looks slighty grey/blue when stripped out but i dont call him a blue an tan,

blue lakeys could be half cross bedlington half lakey then back to lakey so 31/4 lakey 1/4 bedlington

Could be but maybe there just blue lakelands as neil said the kc except them so who knows.I remember a bitch i had here and so would neil and she was blue.n.tan but far from kc reg.

i have seen pics a blue/ish lakies at middletons,

i also bred a red bitch from his yard to his stud dog an produced a full black, 2 reds an 2 black an tan pup, 1 a the black an tan pups was almost a wishy washy blue when they needed stripped oot, an black un was almost blue, at birth but didnae make it so dont know how it woulda looked as an adult :thumbs:

Edited by DottyDoo

i also bred a red bitch from his yard to his stud dog an produced a full black, 2 reds an 2 black an tan pup, 1 a the black an tan pups was almost a wishy washy blue when they needed stripped oot, an black un was almost blue, at birth but didnae make it so dont know how it woulda looked as an adult :thumbs:

theres no difference to be honest just a slighty lighter black an tan thats all they are, the black an tan dog i got looks slighty grey/blue when stripped out but i dont call him a blue an tan, :thumbs:

• Like 1

theres no difference to be honest just a slighty lighter black an tan thats all they are, the black an tan dog i got looks slighty grey/blue when stripped out but i dont call him a blue an tan, :thumbs:

colours dont matter mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

colours dont matter mate :thumbs:

ya spot on mate :thumbs:

Mark i know the difference between blue and grey or black.When i say i had a blue dog and a blue and tan bitch they were blue and no beddy blood in them.

was that the hard dog you got off G E FATMAN

That was him keven,and was he fcuking hard.Any news on the site for the show yet or date.

Mark i know the difference between blue and grey or black.When i say i had a blue dog and a blue and tan bitch they were blue and no beddy blood in them.

was that the hard dog you got off G E FATMAN

That was him keven,and was he fcuking hard.Any news on the site for the show yet or date.

that dog you got could hardly be called a blue lakeland all that stuff has a tinge of blue thru their coat but when clipped out there coal black that particular litter was sired by a red dog and what a litter it was two of his brothers are still on the go his mother went back to the old gear GE had the show is july 24th either up your way or down my way have two fields in mind just not decided yet

That dog was as blue as you could get keven,stripped out or not.The dog did not need striping out as it had a tight harsh coat.He also had more in kennels the same.Dont know what the sire or dam was but i bought the dog at almost 5 year old and lost him about 4 year ago this year.GM said he was selling all of his adult dogs that time as he had plenty young stuff of them that had just started.I think there is 1 of that same litter up dublin direction not sure.I also remember the lakeland stud dog gm used about 15 year ago when he lived up in meath.He was a big black.n.tan dog also very hard,and if im not mistaken he also used a border dog called harry belonging to the late ML,could be wrong on that as it was a long time ago,but he done a lot of diging with ML.Now keven what would i achieve by saying the dog was blue if it were black.