fishing flies

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very nice moo

i must say i prefer smaller natural patterns fished on light tackle......its a must for the small river brownies.

but when fishing the large resevoirs we have all used big lures .....haven't we ????

as has been mentioned .....its really no different to spinning.

i will remain a purist i think..........more of a challenge, which i enjoy.

cheers

sean

I think all fly fishing is basically lure fishing unless your dappling. I used to fish with bubble float and fly which is one step down from otter boards. I know, illegal but hey ho......... this is one of the most natural and exciting ways to fish, no fly fisherman can represent a fly like a bubble float with 4 droppers coming from the line :thumbs:

I think all fly fishing is basically lure fishing unless your dappling. I used to fish with bubble float and fly which is one step down from otter boards. I know, illegal but hey ho......... this is one of the most natural and exciting ways to fish, no fly fisherman can represent a fly like a bubble float with 4 droppers coming from the line :thumbs:

Can't cast it with a fly rod, bubble float that is. Nice flies Moo. You should Pm "mackem" he is a top top fly tying expert, has a real passion for matching the hatch on southern waters. He will always give you good advice.

Can't cast it with a fly rod, bubble float that is. Nice flies Moo. You should Pm "mackem" he is a top top fly tying expert, has a real passion for matching the hatch on southern waters. He will always give you good advice.

Yes you can.....not with a fly reel and line though :thumbs:

You should Pm "mackem" he is a top top fly tying expert

Alas no longer LG,trying to tempt tuna in sunnier climes,saw some yesterday actually,and a barracuda this morning when walking through the marina :D I did used to enjoy the trout however,and my Orvis Mirage and Angel Smuggler are still packed away in pristine condition waiting should I ever return :victory: Tight lines LG ;)