coursing/lamping dogs?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you course and lamp your coursing dogs pre-ban for uk.

• Yes i do both
    • No, just run them in the day

i use my 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie dog for lamping mainly but if the lads are going coursing i bring him along and i've seen him make dirt of some good saluki bred hare dogs that are only used for coursing and i've seen rabbits make a show of some very good hare dogs

As much as i prefer a Collie bred lurcher,if you ever get the opportunity to witness a proper cousing dog in the field,you may reflect on your last statement.

im not saying that he is the best coursing dog going just saying that lamping a dog and coursing them can be right for some dogs and i have seen some proper coursing dogs working in the field and i have owned some very good coursing dogs but coursing is not my main game lamping is and as i said a lot of dogs used mainly for coursing are not great on a rabbit but a dog used for mainly lamping well make a better allrounder

Lets not confuse lamping with coursing,a collie bred lurcher will outrun,outwit,outnumber a saluki bred one,in the lamp,daytime is and will always be the saluki breds domain.

in teary yeah but there are still some collie cross lurchers that will make dirt of some saluki crosses in the coursing game and there are some saluki crosses that will make dirt some collie crosses out lamping there are some good and bad one's in every breed

i use my 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie dog for lamping mainly but if the lads are going coursing i bring him along and i've seen him make dirt of some good saluki bred hare dogs that are only used for coursing and i've seen rabbits make a show of some very good hare dogs

As much as i prefer a Collie bred lurcher,if you ever get the opportunity to witness a proper cousing dog in the field,you may reflect on your last statement.

im not saying that he is the best coursing dog going just saying that lamping a dog and coursing them can be right for some dogs and i have seen some proper coursing dogs working in the field and i have owned some very good coursing dogs but coursing is not my main game lamping is and as i said a lot of dogs used mainly for coursing are not great on a rabbit but a dog used for mainly lamping well make a better allrounder

Lets not confuse lamping with coursing,a collie bred lurcher will outrun,outwit,outnumber a saluki bred one,in the lamp,daytime is and will always be the saluki breds domain.

I take it terrain doesn't come into it then?

well if they can run on this groud they can run on anything :tongue2:

post-20594-0-31279900-1301778727_thumb.jpg

I take it terrain doesn't come into it then?

well if they can run on this groud they can run on anything :tongue2:

Lets not confuse those dogs with the curs over here lol. :tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 5 years later...