The r10 has had an extreme make over Si edition.

Hi lads I decided to give my r10 stock a make over and give it the broken outline look yesterday.

I do like the walnut stock on the r10 but wanted to try something new for a change and as my r10 is more of a hunting rifle than a thing of beauty so I decided to camo her up a bit and try and break up her outline.

The primer and paint that I used was from B&Q and is called Plasti Kote spray which is £3.48 a can.

I gave the stock 2 coats of Plasti Kote primer first and then 2 full coats of colour allowing everything to dry first.

The last thing I did was to give it 2 coats of Plasti Kote clear finish.

If I ever feel the need to go back to a walnut stock I will buy one from BSA new.

I can also go completely black if I want too which would give the rifle the synthetic look which I also like.

Hopefully this stock will be a asset in the field when static hunting over decoys for woodys in the future.

Si

post-2627-0-06876200-1301401802_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-62431000-1301401805_thumb.jpg

post-2627-0-05942200-1301401809_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads I decided to give my r10 stock a make over and give it the broken outline look yesterday.   I do like the walnut stock on the r10 but wanted to try something new for a change and as my r10 i

Posted Images

Cheers Andy bud :thumbs:

Its not perfect mate as there is a tiny bubble here and there but for only my second attempt at camo-ing a stock its not to bad at all.

I just fancied a change and i do like the camo look.

Si

Edited by zini

Cheers Andy bud :thumbs:

Its not perfect mate as there is a tiny bubble here and there but for only my second attempt at camo-ing a stock its not to bad at all.

I just fancied a change and i do like the camo look.

Si

i dont think bug's an co will mind about the odd bubble pal....

i suppose its a good job you like the camo look,given you line of work an all...:thumbs:

see you in a bit bud...

Andy

Yep i will be at yours sharply at 1730 hrs today pal with rifle and lamping gear.

Im coming from Wollaton Park buddy so not too far to travel.

Ive got the green light from the long haired General (LJ ) :boogie:

Si.

Hi 8shot,

Thanks for the kind comment buddy.

Just go for it pal, you can always keep spraying over it if it messes up and if you wish to go back to wood just get a new stock.

Si

Yep i will be at yours sharply at 1730 hrs today pal with rifle and lamping gear.

Im coming from Wollaton Park buddy so not too far to travel.

Ive got the green light from the long haired General (LJ ) :boogie:

Si.

no probs mate ill get home from work sharpish an don the cammo, oh think im going to have to do a bit of gaffer tape bodgeing of the lamp to night.

the new scopes a 30 mil tube and i ant got the new clamp yet.:thumbdown:

ill be ready an waiting pal.

Andy