My new toy

Hi guys,

I finally got my rifle. Its a Daystate Air Ranger .20 running at 957fps with JSB 13.7gr pellets (27fpe). It has been fully tuned, fitted with a MTC Viper 4-16x50 Scope on High mounts. Silenced with a Vortex silencer.

I am taking it out tomorrow if weather permits. Will give some feedback with hopefully some pics of my hunt.

Keep well,

Roger!

post-42950-0-00366200-1301069188_thumb.jpg

post-42950-0-28457500-1301069226_thumb.jpg

hi roger,

nice looking bit of kit mate, very tasty...

out of interest mate, do you shoot mongeese with airguns over there?

cheers, wurz

We shoot meerkat and ground squirel.

Pics of one my friend took last weekend with his BSA XL Lightning Tactical.

ATB

Roger!

post-42950-0-19862300-1301111945_thumb.jpg

what are meerkats like as quarry roger? theyre quite clever little fellas aint they?(NOTE- any reference to their abilities to set up websites and insurance deals will be treated with the contempt they deserve...)

cheers, wurz

Very nice Roger :notworthy:.

I have the same toy as you but in .177 Calibre in the pic below, Its a lovely gun but mine has the 400cc bottle. I'm sure you'll have plenty of good sport with your Air Ranger :thumbs:.

Jasper

post-251-0-94210800-1301164861_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I took the Ranger out yesterday. Did some spinner shooting to get a good feel for the rifle. From 205bar down to 160bar I get 80 shots. The accuracy and consistancy is very good. The rifle is nicely balanced and there is zero recoil running at 27fpe. The trigger is very well set, once you zero on your target, you just touch it to fire. This was my first experience with a MTC Viper scope. The range finding is a breeze, really good.

Here are some pics. I put up a Doom tin type plastic lid. Just walked and put it up. When I sat down I took the Range Finder and ranged it, 99m.

I admittedly had to take 13 shots before I hit it the first time, but after that I hit it another 3 out of 5 times. This was my first day out so I am confident this will get better as well.

My overall impression... Its really a superb rifle and a great great combo with the MTC Viper scope!

Pics from the target to where we sit, etc.

post-42950-0-04100300-1301207404_thumb.jpg

post-42950-0-22288000-1301207430_thumb.jpg