FROSTY MORNING.

Guest Frank

Was on my own yesterday morning, my ferreting freind was away on buisness.

Started ferreting at 8:30am, finished at 2pm, only got the 3 and 2 more made their escaspe :icon_redface: , but i was faffing around taking pics most of the time and just enjoying being out. :drink:

Got close to a fox, squeeked it right up and me with no rifle, just ferrets and nets. :blink::laugh:

Ferreting was slow and the bunnys have been looked at by someone else me thinks, as the tell tale sighnes of peg holes above the burrys were in eveidence. :hmm:

Looks like about time we takle the hedges, as its still alive with them their. :yes:;)

Onee of the pics below has the fox in it, its in the middle of the pic, you can just make it out. :blink::icon_redface::D

Frank.

Edited by Frank

well done there frank,not a big bag but looks a fine morning to be out and about in the fresh air,now a question for you big fella,fast forward the clock to this time next season,you,ll have the whippet bitch with you and say that same fox slinks up that same hill towards the nets and doesnt wind or see you or the dog will you slip her or restrain her ? :hmm: if your answer is she will be still be too young for charlie next season,what if the said morning was the season after that :hmm:

Thanks very much folks. :)

Gaz, if im out ferreting next season and my whippet spots a fox and dashes off to try and catch it, their is not a lot i can do, she will ither try and tackle it or run back to me with her tail between her legs :laugh:

I will have her working loose, but would not go out my way to take foxes with her, as i have a .223 rifle for that job. ;)

Rew, she is coming on a treat, have her to heal when i want her, she retreives and is hunting up like a mad thing, but as she is only 5 months, im holding her back, little by little. ;)

Frank.

Well done Frank ;)

I was out with my brother and a mate with his ferrets on the shoot for the keeper on saturday.

There was plenty of rabbits but we missed about 5 due to unseen bolt holes under thich blackthorns.

great day to be out, clear sky, frosty morning, and we even saw the hunt. :D

100_1056.jpg

100_1058.jpg