Nothing left

Actually i think if you read it you will find that what's been said is - dry food is the best diet for ferrets, much better than a natural raw diet, to feed a natural raw diet is to keep your ferrets in poor condition, probably as a result of lack of knowledge, or a lack of a job etc and that folk who did so deserved a visit from the RSPCA.. . . .

. . . . . . which is bollocks.

So don't go calling folk a 'f*****g muppet' ya retard.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright matey boy, no one here has a problem with you hating on folk that are cruel to their ferrets, we all hate that. What got you the abuse, was straight off the bat claiming that anyone who fed a

Best food for ferrets is dried and it works out the cheapest. They can also have chicken, liver, rabbit, mince and the odd boiled egg but not too often as it can make there fur fall out. Personally i

Works out cheaper ?? Than free stuff you get in the field which also contains free liver kidney and hearts ,?? You been on the piss today , lol

Posted Images

.your not feeding day old chickens though are you ? if so dont :wallbash: but sayiny that they are ok from time to time as a treat .when you are feeding a ferret you should think about getting as much porteins in to them as you can because ferrets have high energy level needs because they have a lot shorter digesive tract than CATS or dog (NEVER FEED YOUR FERRET CAT FOOD EVERY DAY ITS NO GOOD FOR THEM). any meat but NOT pork,OR A GOOD DRY FOOD befor you get a dry food go for one that as high portein content in .the high the better ie VITALIN IS 40% PROTEIN and alpha ferret feast is 36% protein and james wellbeloved is all so 36% protein. (james welbeloved can send ther teeth yellow) if you ARE work them alot in the season then you should be feeding vitalin , and feed vitalin when they have kits .then drop them down to a food with 36 % in. when not the above :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

read the first post all that was left were feathers day olds dont have feathers , you dont know much do you :thumbdown:

Wow you guys are funny maybe time to grow up kids. If you cant afford to feed your ferrets properly with a food that is formulated for ferrets maybe its time to give them up. Your kind of attitude tells me that you guys must keep your ferrets in pretty poor condition and maybe its time you had a visit from the r.s.p.c.a. By the way i can buy chudleys for £15.50 for 20kg

Right your a f*****g nutter and that RSPCA comment is f*****g out of order, as is insinuating that someone is not caring for their animals cos they don't feed them 'specially formulated' over priced, dry processed shit. If you believe that feeding ferrets an organic, fresh, wild, whole carcass diet is keeping them in 'poor condition' then your either a 14 year old who has had ferrets 10 mins or a f*****g remedial. :thumbs:

Sound like your worried about the r.s.p.c.a coming to you place. Maybe you should get a visit. I have never had any problem with you. You started this crap and now you have to pay little man.

Started what crap? Are you delusional? Threatening to send the RSPCA to peoples houses is f*****g twsited, simple. :thumbdown:

You must be worried

Out of interest what are your views / thoughts on the RSPCA? Do you think their prime motivation would be animal welfare?

I don't have any thoughts on the r.s.p.c.a because up here we have the s.p.c.a and know at lot of them as i worked in animal research for 10 years before coming back to run the family farm. Trust me i know what i am talking about. When you and some of the others start ribbing about feeding, breeding and other things. Maybe you should be careful about who you are having a go at.

Regardless of what you feed your animals (i'm not getting into a dry vs raw debate as I feed both to my dogs and ferrets) I can't believe your actually still on the forum after threatening to send the RSPCA round on someone :blink:

What i am talking about is the scientific point of dried food. That's why i said that i thought it was the best and you guys start mouthing off and pissed me off. I never asked for your opinion and to say i was on drugs was out of order. A lot worse than talking about the r.s.p.c.a. In my life i have seen a lot of cruel stuff done to ferrets. The first time i ever saw them was lying in a burn drowned in a bag and i was only 6 at the time. Other times i have seen them cramped up in small cages covered in shit and the worst part was they were fed on the worst diet i have ever seen. Now the people guilty of these crimes were so called hunters who said if there ferrets don't work they get there neck rung. Saying that you know more than a vet scares me as i think if any of your ferrets get sick the wont receive proper care. There seems to be some idiots on here but i bet there more who care about there animals like me.

Wow you guys are funny maybe time to grow up kids. If you cant afford to feed your ferrets properly with a food that is formulated for ferrets maybe its time to give them up. Your kind of attitude tells me that you guys must keep your ferrets in pretty poor condition and maybe its time you had a visit from the r.s.p.c.a. By the way i can buy chudleys for £15.50 for 20kg

Honestly fella I wouldn't feed that processed crap to my lot...too many filler grains and stuff they don't need. Have fed processed food and raw over the years and have found mine do best when given whole rabbits and other game...no comparison in quality for me. Work longer, harder, look better, don't shit as much, just all round healthier etc. Not sayin' it doesn't work for you but when I think about feeding a ferret 'properly' I do not envisage a bag full of little dry pellets made from mashed up grains and animal by-products with the vitamins added back in. :whistling:

• Like 1

What i am talking about is the scientific point of dried food. That's why i said that i thought it was the best and you guys start mouthing off and pissed me off. I never asked for your opinion and to say i was on drugs was out of order. A lot worse than talking about the r.s.p.c.a. In my life i have seen a lot of cruel stuff done to ferrets. The first time i ever saw them was lying in a burn drowned in a bag and i was only 6 at the time. Other times i have seen them cramped up in small cages covered in shit and the worst part was they were fed on the worst diet i have ever seen. Now the people guilty of these crimes were so called hunters who said if there ferrets don't work they get there neck rung. Saying that you know more than a vet scares me as i think if any of your ferrets get sick the wont receive proper care. There seems to be some idiots on here but i bet there more who care about there animals like me.

Alright matey boy, no one here has a problem with you hating on folk that are cruel to their ferrets, we all hate that. What got you the abuse, was straight off the bat claiming that anyone who fed a natural, meat diet, rather than dried food was not looking after their ferrets properly and deserved a visit from the RSPCA (the most hated organization by ANY hunter).

I believe you said - "If you cant afford to feed your ferrets properly with a food that is formulated for ferrets maybe its time to give them up. Your kind of attitude tells me that you guys must keep your ferrets in pretty poor condition and maybe its time you had a visit from the r.s.p.c.a."

And the vet comment was in response to the fact that you said your vet told you that you must feed dried food not meat as its 'specially formulated and better for ferrets' - as a rule, most vets know very little, to nothing, about ferrets. Now obviously i wouldn't carry out any kind of surgical procedure, but i would safely say that myself, and many members off here, probably know more about the care, life-cycles and habits etc of ferrets than your average small animal vet.

Now all i asked was - why exactly IS a dry diet, according to your research, far superior than a natural whole carcass diet etc???

• Like 2

I would also like to add when zoo,s private animal/ bird collections etc are trying to breed their livestock when the animals/birds environment, DIET, etc are closely replicated this usually brings greatest success, this speaks volumes about correct animal husbandry concerning wild or domesticated animals,

I have always held the opinion when trying to do your best by the animals in your care thought should always be given how that animal/bird would live in the wild.

I would also like to add when zoo,s private animal/ bird collections etc are trying to breed their livestock when the animals/birds environment, DIET, etc are closely replicated this usually brings greatest success, this speaks volumes about correct animal husbandry concerning wild or domesticated animals,

I have always held the opinion when trying to do your best by the animals in your care thought should always be given how that animal/bird would live in the wild.

Talking about raptors has nothing to do with ferrets. Ones a animal and ones a bird and i have never seen dry food for raptors. As some who keeps a hell of a lot of animals i think i should know about feeding them. It more about Ideation attitude that worries me and make me think he should not be keeping ferrets. The r.s.p.c.a think was done in anger but i think i have hit a nerve. He sounds scared and knows it thats why he is keeping this thing going.

• Like 1

Talking about raptors has nothing to do with ferrets. Ones a animal and ones a bird and i have never seen dry food for raptors. As some who keeps a hell of a lot of animals i think i should know about feeding them. It more about Ideation attitude that worries me and make me think he should not be keeping ferrets. The r.s.p.c.a think was done in anger but i think i have hit a nerve. He sounds scared and knows it thats why he is keeping this thing going.

I think the point he was trying to make is that nearly every zoo, wildlife park, captive breeding program etc etc etc, feeds as close to a natural diet as possible. Do sharks and aquarium fish get flakes??? Do gorillas get pellets? Lions? What about the ferrets kept in the zoo? Think you will find even they get actual meat!

Yes, i agree, as someone who keeps 'a hell of a lot of animals' you SHOULD[b/] know about feeding them!

So what is it exactly about MY attitude that 'worries' you and makes you think i should not keep ferrets? The fact that i believe feeding them meat is not cruel? :blink:

And yes the RSPCA threat DID hit a nerve, and if you can't figure out why, and think it has something to do with how i care for my animals, then you must be simple. To threaten ANY hunter in todays climate with the RSPCA, or in fact to turn to them in any but the most deplorable cases of ACTUAL ANIMAL CRUELTY, is a thing that only a scum bag would do.

I'm keeping this going because your an arrogant wee man. :thumbs:

I also like the way that you have STILL not attempted to answer the question - from your research, why do you believe that feeding a natural whole carcass diet is cruel, and that a dried food diet is 'specially formulated' and so far far superior? Fancy answering that this time???

• Like 1

Who the fxck mentioned raptors, I have only read the last page or so and I can see you are

a sandwich short,as for Ideation concerning you I reckon you,re barking up the wrong tree withoot a paddle,I,ve never met the guy but after you,ve been on this forum for a while you can tell he knows his stuff and I,m willing to bet his animals are well looked after.

You say you,ve keep alot of animals, I,ll tell you what I think, I think you,ve read too many books on the subject , when it comes too animal/bird husbandry "yer heids foo o mince"

If you keep at it though maybe in 20yrs or so you may have learned something which comes with experience,I get the impression though you,re one of these people who never learn regardless of how many mistakes you make and carry on regardless because at the end of the day you,re ignorant or just plain stupid.atb :thumbs:

Edited by KittleRox
  • Like 1

Right then mr farmer during the 80s cattle were fed pelets made from ground down sheep carcases was this the best food for them at the time ?? And I supose battery hens are in the best place to ,??? And I supose taking day old calfs off milking cows I'm sure this to is in the interest of animal welfare is it ,??