Out shooting with Simon and Andy 21/03/11

Just charged the lamp batteries up Simon and tested the lamps.

They are all ready to rock and roll.

Got a busy next few days planned shooting.

Thurs with Pianoman lamping

Fri and Sat with Mark and Owen Vining at Newbottle pig farm corvid, rabbit and rat shooting.

Sunday afternoon and night with Rossy (Andy)in Notts rabbbit shooting and lamping.

Looking forward to it.

Si

Right, that does it! I'm off up the fields to get this itchy trigger finger satisfied! See you tomorrow 12-noon Si!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Si you are getting about a bit ant you....making up for lost time????

iv email gringo(carl) hell be popping into my work tonight to sort it all out. quite looking forward to it to be honest...hope you dont mind but i may well be racking your brains for lamping advice.

Simon

its a shame you as far away from me or id let you have a play with the s400, is go an ampidexturous stock on it let you have a feel for Air Arms. .177 pellet on pellet when the muppet on the end of it do's his job right...

Hi Andy,

Yeah i like to go and visit the lads on here when i can and have a shoot with them.

For me is the best way to learn new skills first hand from quality shooters that i go out with.

Ive never been one to sit in my living room and read my experience like some do in other forums.

You cant beat getting out there and testing and pushing yourself with your rifle.

I'll help you all i can with what ever i can do mate.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi Andy, no worries mate. I'm sure we'll meet up someplace one day.

I've shot with an S400 left-hander .177 for a whole weekend and found it a lovely rifle to shoot with.

It's not the rifles themselves I take issue with. It's the level of reliability is generally poor I find, for a rifle costing over 500 quid and upwards. That is taking the bloody piss if you ask me. Si's R10 is an amazing rifle to shoot with, it really is and I would feel very confident about taking out with me to do some serious long range bunny shooting.

I would not balk at taking a 60+ yard head shot because I know the rifle will do it, and I'm good for it. This confidence is inspired by the fact that I know the level of additional work that has gone into making this R10 perform so well. And it isn't BSA who provided it...and for what this rifle costs from them, they bloody should!

And so should every other manufacturer who holds his hand out for a hell of a wedge for his PCP.

But they don't, so instead, we will see the continued sorry sagas of expensive PCPs going tech with failures.... Unless you go to the likes of Simon Howarth who can turn the basic rifle, into the rifle it should have been from the get-go!

Simon

Hi Andy, no worries mate. I'm sure we'll meet up someplace one day.

I've shot with an S400 left-hander .177 for a whole weekend and found it a lovely rifle to shoot with.

It's not the rifles themselves I take issue with. It's the level of reliability is generally poor I find, for a rifle costing over 500 quid and upwards. That is taking the bloody piss if you ask me. Si's R10 is an amazing rifle to shoot with, it really is and I would feel very confident about taking out with me to do some serious long range bunny shooting.

I would not balk at taking a 60+ yard head shot because I know the rifle will do it, and I'm good for it. This confidence is inspired by the fact that I know the level of additional work that has gone into making this R10 perform so well. And it isn't BSA who provided it...and for what this rifle costs from them, they bloody should!

And so should every other manufacturer who holds his hand out for a hell of a wedge for his PCP.

But they don't, so instead, we will see the continued sorry sagas of expensive PCPs going tech with failures.... Unless you go to the likes of Simon Howarth who can turn the basic rifle, into the rifle it should have been from the get-go!

Simon

well simon i can see you getting a pcp soon :thumbs:

and si when you poping over to see me?

Hi Steve,

I got your PM this morning mate and will try and get down to yours for a shoot sometime next week in the week to do them corvids with you.

I cant promise though mate but I will promise to try and find time though.

ATB

Si