AULD FIRM PREDICTIONS

I don't either mate. We do have some talent coming through. Maybe the years of playing mediocre foreigners at the expense of scottish talent is now taking its toll. But its now on the change, look at rangers and the kids they are playing now. Even our team has some young talent like Commons. The players you mention were at a time where playing home grown talent was the norm, I think these days are coming back. I also think you guys will suffer with the influx of foreigners, what young talent is coming through in england?

Without doubt,the likes of Chelsea,Man City will only have themself to blame if their owners decide to up sticks and go onto another hobby.....the trouble is these days clubs send their scouts abroad to look for talent as much as they send them to local sunday leagues,which of course makes it double hard for a young lad to get a look in.I think theres still plenty of talented lads their just having a harder time due to the foreign talent they have to compete with.

The kid Mckecran at Chelsea,Wilshire at Arsenal,the lad Coady at Liverpool is supposed to be another Gerard even at West Ham we have a bunch of good younguns,we have a boy bobby hall whos a real old fashioned winger who could go a long way....Connor Wickham at Ipswich looks good..........so theres plenty coming through...its just a harder push to get first team football.....which is what i find strange in Scotland,theres not so many foreign star talents for your own youngsters to contend with you would think yous would actually have an easier time finding them than us,especially if money is tight the obvious thing is local talent.Maybe your right maybe kids are just not playing enough

The lack of money up here is a relatively new one. As I say, the tide is turning and we are seeing signs of local talent getting a shot where they never before. It's happening more at rangers than it is at Celtic due to neccesity more than anything. We seem to be scouting desert f*****g islands for bargains lol. Don't get me wrong, we seem to have unearthed a few gems but I'm old fashioned mate. I'd rather see a local boy trying like f**k in the team rather than some johnny come lately using my club as a stepping stone even if he can play a bit :thumbs:

rangers are bringing a few youngsters through. the problem is they are run by the bank and every player as rangers is for sale at the right price :yes: and the clubs that will benefit if they unearth a gem will more than likely be south of the border. i think celtic will be bringing more through over the next few years also :thumbs: i'm sure you will see more scottish talent playing in the premiership over the next five years. due to necesity :doh: i have a feeling rangers will be without their first pick keeper next season. :yes: young wilson is away already as are a few other promising young ens. we are now just a feeder club for the epl :doh: gnasher you made my day calling me son :D and its good to see that the od firm sometimes have a common bond :D

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha tae fecking ha,i see all the whinging has started about how pish the selic were today...cant help but laugh yer ass off at great unwashed thinking they had the treble all but sown up...not so fecki

i hear hes commin back........on the crest of a wave, boom boom, ill get me coat.

i dont like this topic anymore im starting to agree with celtic fans lol

Posted Images

rangers are bringing a few youngsters through. the problem is they are run by the bank and every player as rangers is for sale at the right price :yes: and the clubs that will benefit if they unearth a gem will more than likely be south of the border. i think celtic will be bringing more through over the next few years also :thumbs: i'm sure you will see more scottish talent playing in the premiership over the next five years. due to necesity :doh: i have a feeling rangers will be without their first pick keeper next season. :yes: young wilson is away already as are a few other promising young ens. we are now just a feeder club for the epl :doh: gnasher you made my day calling me son :D and its good to see that the od firm sometimes have a common bond :D

I still call my ol dad son....its more of an east london thing,sorry if you took it any other way i know you jocks can be a bit delicate sometimes ;) ...what your describing applies to pretty much every club in british football apart from Man City,Man Utd,Chelsea and Liverpool....like i said if it was a competition for who can bring through the best players we would win it.....all clubs outside the top 4 or 5 are feeder clubs

Aye, you've got me on the jealousy part lol. But I am patriotic mate, can't see anyone run down scottish clubs even if it is rangers. We shall have our day :thumbs:

Loyalty is a trait to be admired mate im not digging you out over it......listen,when you follow the shit ive been following around the past 30 years you tend to stick with your own sort when it comes to discussions about footie.....am i jealous of Man Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea :censored::censored::censored: ...no course not.

The advantage you have is your club probably will have its day one day.....we,ve already had ours :D

Remember us Jock,s did it first.

baw ur a celtic fan an im a rangers fan we did not ruin this topic an thats a first for the old firm fans but the lads from down south ruined it big deal the epl is bigger an better but give us 40 50 mill a year an we will leave the epl for dead

baw ur a celtic fan an im a rangers fan we did not ruin this topic an thats a first for the old firm fans but the lads from down south ruined it big deal the epl is bigger an better but give us 40 50 mill a year an we will leave the epl for dead

:laugh::laugh: Ruined it :blink: its an internet forum conversation not a Davinci painting !!...ive found it very interesting myself.

Here we go 50 million quid ifs and buts.....Arsenal make 50 mill PROFIT per year,they cant win a carrot !

come on then say your the manager of the current rangers squad and you have been given £50 mill who would you buy and sell to make your squad able to leave the rest "for dead"????

No. Position Player

1 GK Allan McGregor

3 DF David Weir (captain)

4 DF Kirk Broadfoot

5 DF Saša Papac

6 MF Lee McCulloch

7 MF Maurice Edu

8 MF Steven Davis

10 MF John Fleck

11 FW Kyle Lafferty

12 DF Richard Foster (on loan from Aberdeen)

14 FW Steven Naismith

15 FW David Healy

16 DF Steven Whittaker

17 FW El Hadji Diouf (on loan from Blackburn Rovers)

18 FW Nikica Jelavić

20 MF Vladimír Weiss (on loan from Manchester City)

21 DF Kyle Bartley (on loan from Arsenal)

24 DF Madjid Bougherra

25 GK Neil Alexander

28 MF Salim Kerkar

29 FW Andrew Little

31 GK Grant Adam

39 MF Gregg Wylde

40 MF Jamie Ness

41 MF Kyle Hutton

45 DF Darren Cole

48 FW Kane Hemmings

your that desperate mate you signed diouf on loan from blackburn rovers :laugh: :laugh:

Your clubs couldn't support yourself in your current state without t.v. money, whereas our clubs can.

Short memory there pal, the quality of the SPL nosedived when Setanta went bust and took the TV money out of the equation up there.. What world class talent you did have up there a few years back soon evaporated when the money stopped rolling in.. :yes:

If ths spl winners played the winners of the play offs every year , the winners being promoted to the epl , they could then stay or be relagated back to the spl on thier own merits ,this would surely be better than just parachuting the big two in , it would also give other scottish teams a crack at the big money .

mcgregor davies jelavic bouggy weiss wittaker wylde ness mcculloch allexander papc then buy a couple of players after 2 seasons challenging for title thumbs.giftongue2.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: thats what im saying tho mate you have just got rid of 11 players there and replacing them with quality will cost plenty more than 50 mill :yes: chelsea spent that on one spanish injury prone lady boy who lost his top form years ago :laugh: :laugh: not being funny mate but rangers/celtic are no bigger than newcastle/sunderland :thumbs: and why would you want to change things anyway??? you would still be scottish, living in scotland and watching the scottish league without its two major players!!! be proud of what you got up there and dont fix it unless its broken :thumbs: like lab-tastic says celtic did beat liverpool many years ago :blink: :blink: :laugh: its never gonna happen anyway the smaller teams in scotland would never agree to it when it came to a vote :thumbs: :thumbs:

I know mate, they're f*****g spoilers :laugh::thumbs: To be fair though mate, if you look from their point of view. The only time they take any notice of our teams is when we are begging to get in their league so they have a point.

mcgregor davies jelavic bouggy weiss wittaker wylde ness mcculloch allexander papc then buy a couple of players after 2 seasons challenging for title thumbs.giftongue2.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: thats what im saying tho mate you have just got rid of 11 players there and replacing them with quality will cost plenty more than 50 mill :yes: chelsea spent that on one spanish injury prone lady boy who lost his top form years ago :laugh: :laugh: not being funny mate but rangers/celtic are no bigger than newcastle/sunderland :thumbs: and why would you want to change things anyway??? you would still be scottish, living in scotland and watching the scottish league without its two major players!!! be proud of what you got up there and dont fix it unless its broken :thumbs: like lab-tastic says celtic did beat liverpool many years ago :blink: :blink: :laugh: its never gonna happen anyway the smaller teams in scotland would never agree to it when it came to a vote :thumbs: :thumbs:

Has spurs spent 50 million on one player? A hard working team on their day is as good as a talented team. Don't kid yourself by thinking the old firm wouldn't surivive down there cos we would. Yes it would be difficult, yes every team would be trying extra hard to beat us but within a few years we'd be holding our own. Personally, I hope I never see it in my lifetime, cos I don't like change :cry:

Your clubs couldn't support yourself in your current state without t.v. money, whereas our clubs can.

Short memory there pal, the quality of the SPL nosedived when Setanta went bust and took the TV money out of the equation up there.. What world class talent you did have up there a few years back soon evaporated when the money stopped rolling in.. :yes:

Yes and because we experienced that, we know what it is like. Celtic was 3 million in debt, it is now 9. Definately manageable. How many of your clubs down their have debt in single figures? If the t.v companies pull out, the shit will hit the fans, literally lol. :tongue2:

:laugh::laugh: Ruined it :blink: its an internet forum conversation not a Davinci painting !!...ive found it very interesting myself.

Here we go 50 million quid ifs and buts.....Arsenal make 50 mill PROFIT per year,they cant win a carrot !

Is that the same Arsenal who had to cheat to beat us in Europe recently?