Track dog blood

It sounds a good deal, I wonder how many lads actually got their money back.... :hmm: Nobody can guarantee anything like that and how can you prove it??? A gimmick to snare fools......what were you saying toby??? :kiss:

GIMMICK::? TRY TOTAL S...T :thumbs:

:thumbs:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of the stuff written on this thred makes good sense but plenty seems to be written from heresay and scaremongering. Here's my 10 penneth worth. First off, we owe the greyhound a lot, without the

The problem with breeding out of track greyhound bitchs is to many are breeding out of lamed or failed dogs which have not seen any sort of lurcher work in there lives. A greyhound to be used in the b

MOO You never have ran or bred track greyhounds.But there you go shouting that big gob again.Then wounder why poeple wont answers your questions.There just maybe someone out there who knows more than

had a brindle greyhound bitch got her fit with running stubbles with motor after six weeks of getting her used to runnng she was not a bad dog not as good as my lurchers but you would be happy with her ,saw some greyhounds in america my old mate had one it could do the 3 mins on a course cause he lernt to pace his self ,but not many lke that, had other greyhounds who just ran like that was there last chase and realy no good , i would never disrespect the greyhound as a dog as saw afew decent ones

Yes storm70, I bought her about 20 years ago from her breeder in England. She was out of a greyhound bitch mated to a saluki dog and had her career cut short due to injury. Thats why I believe the best to best lurcher to lurcher or lurcher to saluki is the way to go. If I was breeding for racing dogs I'd breed greyhounds or hardbloods. Hunting dogs only need to be fast enough. Stamina, prey drive, durability, good feet and a cunning brain are more important imho.

Never a truer word spoken.atb dell

:laugh: :laugh: so a greyhound has none of them???

"good feet" IS CERTAINLY ONE IT WONT HAVE :thumbs:

would you say these are not good feet then :thumbs:

sundaystroll117.jpg

Hard to say stewie, any photos without the trainers? :laugh:

I WOULD SAY LOVELY FEET, & A LOVELY HOUND COAT WITHOUT A RIP TEAR OR ANY SORT OF DAMAGE A DOG THAT SEES SOME HARD WORK WOULD HAVE. MAYBE THE DOGS BEEN LUCKY SO FAR????WHY DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE A TROUGH OR TAP AT A TRACK TO WASH THE DOGS FEET AFTER A RACE????:thumbs:

To wash the sand from their Quicks which in turn stops them getting infected , to also stop sand burn. Whats to say the lad dont wash his hounds feet of when he gets home to offset the above mentioned and check for injuries.

Any dog man worth his salt will wash his running dogs feet off after working them to check for all of the above no matter what the cross as well as checking their dog over as a whole.

SALT WATER WORKS BEST, WITH A SOFT BRUSH TO CLEAN SAND ETC OUT OF THE QUICKS. VERY COMMON IN GREYHOUNDS MY VET SAYS. WITH THE QUEST FOR SPEED MANY ASPECTS HAVE SUFFERED. POOR COAT, THIN SKIN. YOU HAD BETTER NOT RUN IT ON ANY MUD OR PLOUGH UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR MANICURE SET HANDY. TAKE CARE OF YOUR DOG CERTAINLY. FACT IS DURABILITY,BONE STRUCTURE,FEET ETC HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED IN THE PURSUIT OF SPEED :thumbs:
  • Like 1

i have ran this greyhound this past season and he has ran all sorts of terrain and the only injur he has had has been to a stopper pad which he got when he ran accross a raised rough gravel road and probably caught it on the way up or down. people say about how there coats are too thin but this one got a good coat and can take the cold a lot batter than heat. after hes been worked and got home i will bring him in the house while i sort his food out and just does not like the heat one bit. i dont know why he seems to have a good set of feet admitedly i havent worked him half as much as some work there dogs but for a grey he has done everything asked of him maybe its being out everyday on rough or solid hard ground that has maybe tightened his tendons and ligaments up i dont know but if you like being out hunting and big bags aint too much what your after then you can have an awesome time with a grey and again one thing is guaranteed they give there all but maybe he is as well bred as we thought when we met the guy who bred him as his sister is with a gu off here and she has seen more work than him and done her owner proud and once you get to know them they can be surprisingly inteligent i would say he one of the best behaving at my house but thats not saying too much about my dog handling skills lol

i have ran this greyhound this past season and he has ran all sorts of terrain and the only injur he has had has been to a stopper pad which he got when he ran accross a raised rough gravel road and probably caught it on the way up or down. people say about how there coats are too thin but this one got a good coat and can take the cold a lot batter than heat. after hes been worked and got home i will bring him in the house while i sort his food out and just does not like the heat one bit. i dont know why he seems to have a good set of feet admitedly i havent worked him half as much as some work there dogs but for a grey he has done everything asked of him maybe its being out everyday on rough or solid hard ground that has maybe tightened his tendons and ligaments up i dont know but if you like being out hunting and big bags aint too much what your after then you can have an awesome time with a grey and again one thing is guaranteed they give there all but maybe he is as well bred as we thought when we met the guy who bred him as his sister is with a gu off here and she has seen more work than him and done her owner proud and once you get to know them they can be surprisingly inteligent i would say he one of the best behaving at my house but thats not saying too much about my dog handling skills lol

feet look very well :thumbs:

a mate of mine had a greyhound about 20 years ago, i have seen a lot quite a lot of running dogs but this bitch is still mentioned in conversation when discussing lurchers, very brave, very obiedient, and very clever, cought most things if it was a possible catch and made all lurchers that were out look like also rans, feet were never a prob and the 3/4 grey / whip put over her also had good feet and produced as far as the 1 i no of a good sound pup