my first fox snare

Guest ragumup
(i have never put up a fox snare before but this is my first one) DO YOU THINK I WOULD GET SOMETHING ON THIS

You really need to get rid of the blue bag, also you need one or two tealers to support the nouse also i would bush it up abit around the sides and check it every day idealy in morning

Prey tell IYHO why?

honestly because i have now twice found 2 half dead foxes in snares, i just dont think its a fair method or really needed.it is not an instant or imo plesant death and i think show little respect for the quarry(just my opiion) im not going to get into a debate about methods, just i think there are better methods, by dog or gun, or both.

Prey tell IYHO why?

honestly because i have now twice found 2 half dead foxes in snares, i just dont think its a fair method or really needed.it is not an instant or imo plesant death and i think show little respect for the quarry(just my opiion) im not going to get into a debate about methods, just i think there are better methods, by dog or gun, or both.

wink hound, don't want to get into the my ways better than yours debate either. i do feel snaring has its place as a method of control. as for finding half dead foxes nowadays all snares are required to have a stop and be free running not self locking. this is to prevent the death of non target species. the snares should however be checked every 24 hours and the fox humanely dispached. if the fox was half dead thats the fault of the person who set the snare. should be finding plenty of foxes your way aren't there what about s*****l p**k!

Guest foxtrack
(i have never put up a fox snare before but this is my first one) DO YOU THINK I WOULD GET SOMETHING ON THIS
no mate snare to low nose to small doesent covert run cant see stop if you do catch one it will be by luck and will hang itself on posts and wire cant you jest dig it or lamp it with a good lurcher more humane :yes:
Guest foxtrack
can,t beat the wires mate , working 24 hrs. saves dressing up like a japanese sniper , to go lamping , and a lot cheaper and very effective , my own opinion,

snareman how would you set this snare on this run :hmm:

wink hound, don't want to get into the my ways better than yours debate either. i do feel snaring has its place as a method of control. as for finding half dead foxes nowadays all snares are required to have a stop and be free running not self locking. this is to prevent the death of non target species. the snares should however be checked every 24 hours and the fox humanely dispached. if the fox was half dead thats the fault of the person who set the snare. should be finding plenty of foxes your way aren't there what about s*****l p**k!

ha ha shant even comment on that last bit!! ;):D:D

I would not bush up the snare, A wary fox will see this and turn around, keep it simple. If you get some fencing wire use it as a tealer to allow the snare to completley cover the run take note of the grass and look as to where to fox would come through. You can even use a stick beneath the snare to lift the foxes head into the loop.

wink lets not forget a fox is classed as vermin.. other methods you mentioned CAN be just as bad. at the end of the day there all legal methods in the right situations.. so each to there own i guess ;) but as things look up here in scotland it might not be long before there banned any way :censored:

happy hunting

can,t beat the wires mate , working 24 hrs. saves dressing up like a japanese sniper , to go lamping , and a lot cheaper and very effective , my own opinion,

snareman how would you set this snare on this run :hmm:

i wouldn,t use those type of snares , i don,t like them , and i would set the run with relative ease .