thats a lot of money and sterling aswell to much 100 to 150 a pup 250 a working dog is about right but what terrier man is goin to part with a working dog there to hard got theres a few lads over here quote them sort of prices and at the end of the day they dont even make good fox dogs the best terrier you will get is a pup gifted to you by the lads you dig with :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you have got a good bunch of mates with good grafters then you should never have to buy a dog.

thats a lot of money and sterling aswell to much 100 to 150 a pup 250 a working dog is about right but what terrier man is goin to part with a working dog there to hard got theres a few lads over h

when you think of it £500 is not alot of money when your hopefully going to get a good few years of grafting out of it if its a good terrier i was offerd good money for my terrier but i never sold hi

A few years back a guy bought a pup of me then tried to haggle me into selling one of my terrier bitches.At one point he put £1000 cash on the table!She was'nt for sale regardless of the cash.But some people will put there hand in pocket for the right dog.

A few years back a guy bought a pup of me then tried to haggle me into selling one of my terrier bitches.At one point he put £1000 cash on the table!She was'nt for sale regardless of the cash.But some people will put there hand in pocket for the right dog.

If you keep in mind that a hunter will NEVER sell his best dog or he must be in money trouble or calling it a day.

But he might have another good reason, maybe just the dog that is spare.

if you have got a good bunch of mates with good grafters then you should never have to buy a dog.

correct :thumbs:

truth is some folk will never be able to work a dog no matter how good. lots of folk spend the money, hardly work the dog and/or ruin it anyway,but will always tell folk its the best thing ever. poeple who do actually do enough work with dogs will have enough to make a dog or know enough folk to get a good dog. you may buy an ok dog that gets the job done, but generally youll just be kidding yourself. if the rest of the dogs in your kennels are that bad or pups youve bred or bought in are not turning out properly then buying a "made" dog is the least of your worries.

trying to buy dogs/pups are where most folk go wrong to begin with. :thumbs:

Not a chance.

Working terriers has always been a working mans sport and those exclusive prices will do nowt but drive a wedge into it.

It has never been about money and never should be.

I would tell him to stick his overpriced dog and take a pup from a close friend and bring it on.

A good grafting terrier is worth its weight in gold, but not in monetary terms.

FTB

spot on mate couldnt agree more not about the money

I was after a pup and the most decent one i have came cross were £250 (which i would not pay) Think its more money than sense to pay silly money for a pup to take your chances so to speak. But a working dog well thats a diffrent storey but then it may have faults that a pup u bring up your self may not. Why buy in someone elses when you could get a pup cheep or free (if you have decent pals) and have the biggest smile on your face when digging to its first:) JMO but £500 if you have to spare its up to you.