I am looking for an air rifle for my dad to use when he visits me. I wanted something like an AA Pro sport but what else is there in either under lever or break barrel which is more like the carbine style. Really want a lighter gun if possible,dont want pre charged and want something that can be uprated to FAc if required and on that note would you say .177 sub FAC and .22 if FAC?

ATB

PETE

Also try looking at a Diana 280 Carbine, with TO6 trigger too, new on the market in December last year, it is a nice carbine break barrel! The wife has one, but is having to get rid of it as she broke her wrist in a car accident in January and she finds cocking it too painful, she will be back up to strength in 18 months but she has gone down the inflatable gun route!

Edited by secretagentmole

Air Arms TX200HC .177. Absolutely accurate as it gets, perfect for your needs and easily uprates to FAC with no problem.

Yeah but he wants lighter, They aint bloody light lol :thumbs:

What about a Hw Break barrel pianoman?

Karpman

They aren't THAT bloody heavy Karpie. OK...lighter still and highly accurate would be WEIHRAUCH HW95. But I'm not sure if the cylinder length will lend itself to FAC tuning to a level that would make putting it on-ticket worth the slot on one. I had one in .22 and it was a beauty to shoot at sub 12 ft/lbs.

Edited by pianoman

True pal, But doubt Air rifles come much heavier.

Really enjoyed mine and have since and forever regretted selling it, Saying that fancy a Hw break barrel for a me springer.

He mentioned weight as one of his criteria and weight is mentioned in most reviews of the Tx in one way or another.

Karpman

Fair play Garfield, the Theoben Evolution is not as heavy as a TX200HC and it was a decently accurate rifle. I had a great two weeks during summer 2003 clearing a barn of rats and ferrals with one (and a FENMAN) loaned to me from Guns International. One of the best that Theoben produced but, it could be a notorious scope-smasher I remember. Only Simmons or Nikko Stirling made an airgun scope that I could safely trust would withstand the snap recoil of the Theoben ram. I wouldn't give much hope for a Hawke and certainly not a Bushnell scope lasting a decent range session. Definately a good one but, as long as the guy has a Simmons or Nikko scope for one. Especially if FAC uprates are on the cards :thumbs:

I am looking for an air rifle for my dad to use when he visits me. I wanted something like an AA Pro sport but what else is there in either under lever or break barrel which is more like the carbine style. Really want a lighter gun if possible,dont want pre charged and want something that can be uprated to FAc if required and on that note would you say .177 sub FAC and .22 if FAC?

ATB

PETE

Diana Model 34 .177 or .22 And can be put on ticket. Very nice mid weight rifle

Diana 48/52, or 54 if you can find one.

They do weigh a bit but they are the best springers for FAC :thumbs:

Edit to add... They are built to make a lot more power than we can have legally in the UK, so it's very easy to make them do what they're ment to do with an FAC.

Around 22 in .177 and close to 30 in .22 without any further modifications. A very nice platform if you have a slot on your FAC :thumbs:

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968