Moles Hunting

Went to look at the new permission today, the farmer drove me to the two fields he farms (he has more land but it is leased out to other farms, he is close to retiring). Very evident rabbit attacks on the wheat. Both fairly open, but the second has an absolutely massive bunny housing complex.

On the approach track there is a bank about 3 feet high, the rabbits have perforated this bank like a piece of Emmental, it looks like a Tetley teabag! On the top of the field is an access track which is subsiding into warrens! So will go down to look at the bunny block of flats this afternoon! Suitably equipped of course! Will also look over the first field to find out where the bunnies are coming from! He was almost begging me to start shooting, well we will see if we can oblige!

Edited by secretagentmole

The farmer is really friend, I think he is very glad to have someone who wants to put a dent in the bunny population! How many rabbits does it take to put a visible dent in wheat on a 1200 square foot field???

how long is this peice of string mole????

theres not really an answer to that pal, get down there dawn till dusk one day and have a look at whats happening...if any of the little buggers happen to wander accross your crosshair then be a good fellow and offer them some lead.

sounds like you have a good population going there tho,id get some time in as there breading now, keep the farmer happey....dont get sucked into this ahhh that baby ones cute crap,kill em all,,after all its why your there.

Andy

I know, I am there to help this farmer! Just notified the police so should anybody spot us from the road a couple of hundred feet away, I do not wind up looking down the barrel of a Heckler and Kockh rifle!

Edited, forgot to put us instead of me (I will never hear the end of that one).

Edited by secretagentmole

best bet is to have a trip out there without the rifle for starters and just observe where they are feeding,coming from,running to if they get spooked,how much public activity there is (last thing you want is to have to argue the toss with someone who walks their dog there everyday) take a pad and note down the times when they are most active and where you can ambush them from :thumbs: and then get blasting the little buggers :boogie::gunsmilie: