Where have all the bunnies gone ?

At the moment in our area there seems to be a shortage of Rabbits , before x mass saw them every where on my land at the side of roads lots of road kill on roundabouts in parks etc etc , talking to guys all over my area who shoot or ferret even the lurcher guys , all saying the same not many bunnies about at moment , is this the same anywhere else in the country ?

It's the time of year. :yes: The population tails off through the winter then explodes in the spring. Numbers drop due to predation, hard conditions and a pause in breeding for the cold weather. They'll be back by the autumn. :thumbs:

It's the time of year. :yes: The population tails off through the winter then explodes in the spring. Numbers drop due to predation, hard conditions and a pause in breeding for the cold weather. They'll be back by the autumn. :thumbs:

its the liver flu thats doing them in around here.

its the liver flu thats doing them in around here.

About half of the rabbits I got from a permission near Halifax last year showed signs of liver flu.

Seems more now here cos they are bucking etc and with the warmer evenings they are siting out more. Seemed to really drop off early-mid season, sudden slump. Still did well enough tho.