Which .17 hmr??

I've got the style 16'' barrel zeiss scope had a the heavy barreled varmint before this one it was to heavy.This one is as accurate.Had a charlie about 2 weeks ago 120 yards straight between the shiny bits using 20 grain . Don't use it for bunnies

I've got the style 16'' barrel zeiss scope had a the heavy barreled varmint before this one it was to heavy.This one is as accurate.Had a charlie about 2 weeks ago 120 yards straight between the shiny bits using 20 grain . Don't use it for bunnies

Why do you say "Don't use it for bunnies"?

The HMR is an excellent gun for shooting rabbits between about 50 - 150 yards. No need for holdover between 50 - 110 as it is pretty much flat over that distance when zeroed at 100 yards.

Obviously if you take a body shot it will be very dead but inedible. Just take head shots and you have an excellent meal for the table.

The .22LR is more suitable for rabbits at night or out to a little less than 100 yards, again head shots please unless just killing as pest control rather than the table.

Do get a good scope, zoom to 24 x mag is really useful. Must have side focus parallax down to 50 yards or less and a simple fine reticle.

CZ452 in 16" barrel. Your choice as to finish i.e. wood, style, silhouette. Shorter barrel good for use in vehicle.

I'm not sure about the 455 yet. If you go on to the best rimfire forum there is http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php and go in to the CZ forum, you will see that the jury is still out on that.

I am getting a new .17HMR and will certainly go with the 452 16" with a rimfire magic or YoDave trigger conversion.

Cheers

Sib

which version of the 452 is the best i.e.

varmint

silohuette

american

???

thanks

scott

They are all good and there isn't a best, the Varmint is too heavy for me, I run Silhouettes and Americans, my lad has the Style...it's what you want or suits you!