best way to start lurcher hunting feathered game???

cant believe anyone would take the time to introduce a lurcher to feather,they should be keen enough to chase a crisp poke blowing around.never ever did it,all my lurchers it just was a natural instinct to take the odd pheasant that was unfortunate to stray in its path.

Its called using the dog to its full potential.:thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OPEN,next doors ,poultry coop then stand back and observe.

Dun Dun Dun The plot thickens. . . . .

He said it in his opening post Should have been booted off imediately.   Its as if he is one here to give with one hand and take with the other. Fecking Judas.   FTB

cant believe anyone would take the time to introduce a lurcher to feather,they should be keen enough to chase a crisp poke blowing around.never ever did it,all my lurchers it just was a natural instinct to take the odd pheasant that was unfortunate to stray in its path.

yea i understand that catcher,im quite pleased when mine nabbed the odd pheasant,but imo i dont think a lurcher needs to be trained to do it.believ me or not i honestly wasnt having a dig catcher :thumbs:

yea i understand that catcher,im quite pleased when mine nabbed the odd pheasant,but imo i dont think a lurcher needs to be trained to do it.believ me or not i honestly wasnt having a dig catcher :thumbs:

Well as i said before all my lurchers are trained on the air rilfe.Are retriving shot birds and squirel and doing long cold retieves.Long before they see a rabbit.Eigth month of a dogs life can be put to good use.So when the time comes they are pritty well trained..Dosent hurt but it helps a lot.:thumbs:

am confused,,nude wanting a lurcher to get feather,,what kind of feathers we talking here :whistling::icon_redface:

Any game or pest.Why have a dog and bark yourself.:thumbs:

feather's as in;; hair's down below,:icon_eek: why have a dog nd bark yourself :icon_eek: thats not what you meant is it :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

am confused,,nude wanting a lurcher to get feather,,what kind of feathers we talking here :whistling::icon_redface:

Any game or pest.Why have a dog and bark yourself.:thumbs:

feather's as in;; hair's down below,:icon_eek: why have a dog nd bark yourself :icon_eek: thats not what you meant is it :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Brains of Britain here.:doh: It means let the dog go out and pick up.Why do it yourself.Its the dogs job..:thumbs:

I always thought that more people do than don't. I think any dog that will take non feathered game will scoop up a bird if given half a chance (if not specificly broken to them) At the end of the day catching a pheasant up against a hedge or in cover is far easier than running a rabbit for a wee pup? My current pup caught several pheasants before taking his first rabbit. If you live in an area where there are shoots and birds wandering about i would be very surprised if your dog never took one.

Remember the classic HJKC F&F ?????

As i have said before.Sitting for a few hours with the air rifle and a lurcher pup will teach the dog pathence.

I wish to f**k you'd teach us what pathence is mate :laugh:

One of my dogs wont touch birds. I've seen me lamping them, him running in to strike, pulling back once he learns his blind owner has just lamped a young peewee :laugh: