years of good hare dogs being f****d by people puting silly bull blood not gonna be any real hare dogs in years 2 come

but a saluki brings,stamina what no other dog brings and also doesnt drop a load of speed,

in the modern day lurcher for modern day hard core lurcher work what does a bull bring to the lurcher, that a wheaton bedlington or even collie doesnt bring,?????

yes salukis 2 bring stamina ,are you trying 2 say that the salukix is the only dogs that has stamina ,they might have more then some x but all dogs have stamina its down 2 the way the dog bred , i,ve been out with some 1stxsaluki and my deerhoundx showed it right up

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think they look good with them? !   do you mean think they look hard ?   if thats what your getting at you may want to re think having a big poster saying i do some kind of obscure martial arts ne

slag me off i dont care i will never by one see 2 many run. hard as nail but shit at running you mite as well by full pit do better job !

Coursing dogs being lost (or f****d as you so politely put it) because of adding bull blood to the mix, the coursing lads are not adding the blood or even using the off spring of such matings, they ar

but a saluki brings,stamina what no other dog brings and also doesnt drop a load of speed,

in the modern day lurcher for modern day hard core lurcher work what does a bull bring to the lurcher, that a wheaton bedlington or even collie doesnt bring,?????

yes salukis 2 bring stamina ,are you trying 2 say that the salukix is the only dogs that has stamina ,they might have more then some x but all dogs have stamina its down 2 the way the dog bred , i,ve been out with some 1stxsaluki and my deerhoundx showed it right up

No way dont beleve you

f**k you dark lord,I love bullx and will always have one,what if the bans lifted?bullx can do anything the other x can,they look better too,be honest you know bullx the finest looking dog out there, you say wat does it bring wat the others don't,well wat do the others bring a bullx cant?

good reply except the loss of manners :thumbdown: suppose you have a point but never seen a bull x on the fens,

and even never seen a good half cross on the rabbits,

but seen many a saluki x take fox and seen many a collie x draw old fox pre ban so theres your answer mate

Manners haha, your on here saying bullx no good nomore haha that's bad manners in my book, I've seen most crosses do most things mate,but I've seen more bullx do it properly, they don't f**k about not like some of your preferred crosses,they run all night take stick and as for stamina,that's why we use them they still keen seven in morning,not sitting there feeling sorry for themselves, I love all lurchers I'd never slag any cross as they all f****n brilliant, long live the bullx hahaha :tongue2:

No way dont beleve you

i don,t believe that you know what you talking about Quote from darklord but a saluki brings stamina,stamina what no other dog brings and also dosen,t drop aload of speed ,what aload of bollocks ,what you trying say is salukis are the only dogs with stamina :hmm:

f**k you dark lord,I love bullx and will always have one,what if the bans lifted?bullx can do anything the other x can,they look better too,be honest you know bullx the finest looking dog out there, you say wat does it bring wat the others don't,well wat do the others bring a bullx cant?

good reply except the loss of manners :thumbdown: suppose you have a point but never seen a bull x on the fens,

and even never seen a good half cross on the rabbits,

but seen many a saluki x take fox and seen many a collie x draw old fox pre ban so theres your answer mate

and both can take rabbit and hare pre ban with ease :thumbs:

Agree here with the Darklord, and I'll only add that saluki and deerhound brings very good feet which is very important to a any working dog.

Carry on!.....................:D

But if rabbits are your only legal quarry surely a collie/grey will give you enough stamina and speed...As i said its all down to personel preference, i personally think a bull lurcher, in the majority are calmer than wheaten or collie crosses. In my opinion far too many people assume bull lurchers are only capable of being point and slip merchants, i have owned and know many that are good ferreting dogs, lampers and more than capable of using their nose....

most on here read your words but dont think its true,why try to tell them :wallbash: they have made there minds up before they have seen a good bullx ,,,oh once read a book on how to breed,, the american pit bull terrier? was a cross breed with saluki in its make up :whistling:

At the end of the day, whatever cross you buy, YOU are the one who feeds/kennels/works and is responsible for maintaining its health, so aslong as your happy who gives a fig what anyone else thinks. I'm sure im no different than anyone else in saying im proud of my dogs and enjoy working them...........

artic, you are quite correct, saluki blood often introduces superb tight feet, BUT iv'e never seen a bull cross reared coreectly with feet so bad they couldn't run and catch............

stupid argument as i said [bANNED TEXT] horses for courses. i got this !!!!! you got that !!!! . it all depends wat quarry yr after , if your mostly after hare and the fields you run are large then of course saluki cross greys yr dog, but if only ferreting bushing would you want one then ? if you lamp rabbit and take fox regulary theresa better cross for this . larger game different again i agree that theres is a culture that says you gotta have bull in it . but again each to there own , collie,weaton beddie, deerhound,bull,saluki,grey,whippet to name the common crosses all add different aspects to the lurcher. i think this is gonna burn for a fair while yet !!!!!!! next rant please :laugh:

If youre and out and out daytime hare hunter then you dont want bull in the animal imo,,its everything you dont want in a coursing animal,, were talking proper hares here on proper land not levret bashing in marsh grass.

I dont think serious hare coursers would put bull blooded animals in there line, not more than once anyway lol.

Bull only comes into a lurcher when your after teeth or bigger things,,,, but in alot of cases it can be as much a hinderance as a help,, as ive seen some that seriously have the turning circle of a bus,,but what do you expect from a over muscled stiff greyhound !!!! so they end up getting ran 2 up to connect ! BUT, the whole point of the bull blood was to create a single handed animal that could cope on its own,,,, no good if they carnt catch the gear in the first place.

End of the day its terrier blood,, and will add fire,, but imo you only need a dash in a alround animal,, and none in a coursing animal. or you will lack wind, agility and stamina,,, not for lack of trying mind.

• Like 2

quote merle 24

Bull only comes into a lurcher when your after teeth or bigger things,,,,

BUT THIS IS ILLEGAL NOW IN THE UK AND WHY WOULD ANYONE DO ILLEGAL THINGS AND DRAW ATTENTION TO THEM SELVES?????????????

ITS LIKE THE LADS WHO USED TO COURSE ALL THE TIME BET THEY DONT WALK OUT WITH BIG SALUKI HYBRIDS ESP IF THEY LIVE AROUND THE FENS AS EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THERE UPTO DONT THEY :whistling::whistling:

Edited by darklord

quote merle 24

Bull only comes into a lurcher when your after teeth or bigger things,,,,

BUT THIS IS ILLEGAL NOW IN THE UK AND WHY WOULD ANYONE DO ILLEGAL THINGS AND DRAW ATTENTION TO THEM SELVES?????????????

ITS LIKE THE LADS WHO USED TO COURSE ALL THE TIME BET THEY DONT WALK OUT WITH BIG SALUKI HYBRIDS ESP IF THEY LIVE AROUND THE FENS AS EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THERE UPTO DONT THEY :whistling::whistling:

But realistically dark lord,many where using lurchers illegally pre ban,this is where ye bullx was and still is for those illegal hunters the best lurcher. Tackle anything mate. :thumbs:

• Like 2

It's the same old stuff on the same old subjects... To bull, or not to bull, that is the question..?

To be honest, i don't give a feck if folk don't like 'em... Because the simple matter is that they are ALL fecking Lurchers anyway..!

Personally I love all types, shapes and sizes of running dog, they all have their uses and if anyone thinks bull bloods don't own a place in this diverse Lurcher saturated world needs their heads checking out!

Bull bloods came about for a reason but they are certainly not a one trick pony.

Some of the best fox dogs I've seen had no bull blood in 'em and other crosses can do just as well but I came about bull bloods for one reason only, because, pre ban, I was sick and tired of raising lurchers out of good foxing parents only to see 'em spew!

Now with bull bloods that failure rate was seriously reduced and the qualitys gained were a revelation, (like I said, they really ain't one trick ponys) I'm certain that some of the better dogs i've owned would be more than capable of performing any of the tasks of any other lurcher, ok... they ain't never gonna be daytime hare dogs but lets face it, apart from Saluki blooded dogs how many others really are? But the qualitys i found I liked and have stuck with. I'll never slag any other type, why would I, they all do fantastic things, they all are fecking LURCHERS!!

• Like 3

What a load of bull :angel: my tuppence worth for all it's worth.... The bull x you see on here with the 14"wide collar, head like dartvador and looks like it's on steroids, won't help to catch hares. how many long distance runners are built like arni? :blink:

What a load of bull :angel: my tuppence worth for all it's worth.... The bull x you see on here with the 14"wide collar, head like dartvador and looks like it's on steroids, won't help to catch hares. how many long distance runners are built like arni? :blink:

Did anyone say it would...??