just found a buzzard

pitmanuk

as i pulled onto my track to get to my farm we saw a buzzard standing on the bank. as we pulled next to it he never flew away and we noticed that he left wing was damaged. i jumped out of the car and although he looked alert and hopped a few time he still looked in bad condition. i took my jacket off and threw it over him and my misses ran and got a box and towel.

as i tried to put the box over him i realized that buzzards have very shape talons. (my hands and wellies were then covered in blood) we eventually got him in our kennel. a big stone building with straw and the floor, gave him some water and have left him to calm down in peace.

as i have no experience with raptors we called the rspb who in turn told us to call the rspca. so as some point today they are meant to send an officer out.

is there and advice people can give me to make him more comfortable? and what to do if we have to keep him over night? if i have to feed him what to give him (dog food, squirrel ect)

hes a stunning bird and really dont want him to suffer threw my lack of knowledge.

• Like 1

as i pulled onto my track to get to my farm we saw a buzzard standing on the bank. as we pulled next to it he never flew away and we noticed that he left wing was damaged. i jumped out of the car and although he looked alert and hopped a few time he still looked in bad condition. i took my jacket off and threw it over him and my misses ran and got a box and towel.

as i tried to put the box over him i realized that buzzards have very shape talons. (my hands and wellies were then covered in blood) we eventually got him in our kennel. a big stone building with straw and the floor, gave him some water and have left him to calm down in peace.

as i have no experience with raptors we called the rspb who in turn told us to call the rspca. so as some point today they are meant to send an officer out.

is there and advice people can give me to make him more comfortable? and what to do if we have to keep him over night? if i have to feed him what to give him (dog food, squirrel ect)

hes a stunning bird and really dont want him to suffer threw my lack of knowledge.

no need for it to be skinned mate ,they need the fur to go with any bits of bones they swallow to form pellets just give them the full rabbit or squirrel,dont feed dog meat or anything like this just dead mammal or animal

DO NOT LET THE ARSEPCA anywhere near the bird they are thick as shit and twice as stupid they WILL kill it and it will be an unfortunate accident that will be blamed on you Talk to the falconry lads of here I would suggest having a word with Jasper the mod or Derek canning on the legal implications :thumbs:

no need for it to be skinned mate ,they need the fur to go with any bits of bones they swallow to form pellets just give them the full rabbit or squirrel,dont feed dog meat or anything like this just dead mammal or animal

If the bird is injured it wont want to be messing about plucking a rabbit,and it wont hurt it giving it any food that wont produce a casting,try to make its life as easy as possible till it gets some veterinary help.